What's new

Running sources through reciever (1 Viewer)

Jachin99!@

Grip
Real Name
Jachin Adams
I have a mid level (500.00) yamaha reciever with video and 3d pass through and mitsubishi wd92840 tv. My question is would it be better to run all of my sources through the reciever from a picture quality stand point. Thanks

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Definitely what is recommended. But from a picture quality standpoint I don't think it makes a difference. For a convenience standpoint, running everything to the receiver first saves you from running another audio cable to the receiver. And from an audio standpoint, you may not get HD audio (from Blurays) if you run through optical or digital coax; and if you are running an audio cable back from the TV you are probably getting simulated surround (from stereo).

Jachin99!@

Grip
Real Name
Jachin Adams
Thanks for the help. My line of thinking was that maybe the more circuitry i ran the picture signal through, the greater the chances were that it would get distorted or somehow changed.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
"with video and 3d pass through"

-- As stated above - as long as you don't attempt to somehow modify the video in the receiver (up-converting or some signal modification)- then it will not make a difference.

The only issue you may run into is if you are using longer hdmi cable lengths to perform your setup. You didn't mention the layout that you are using, so this probably does not apply. If that is the case (10 ft hdmi cable runs or over), make sure you get a good quality hdmi cable to run between your receiver output and your TV input. You can go to the blue jeans cable link above and get a good long cable at a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks