What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Demons -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris

Lamberto Bava's 1985 horror film, Demons, released by Synapse, stands nicely with other Blu-rays by the company.

Synapse is like the "little engine that could," in that they try very hard to provide the best quality image and audio, while hoping to do well with a product financially -- but they won't cut corners.

Not being a fan of Bava's work, and not having seen the film theatrically, I have no idea what it should look and sound like.  I can only relate that the new Synapse Blu is highly resolved, with good grain structure, black levels, and color balance.  Audio is presented in DTS-HD MA.

For those who may be unaware, Mr. Bava is third generation film industry, son of fan favorite Mario.

Image - 4.25

Audio - 4.5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What I like most of Synapse, the two releases I have state...(paraphrased and movie specific)"This film has issues in places. We felt it better to not correct the issues and cause more problems"Regardless, the two I have look better than they have any right to.This is likely the same.

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
I have a few Synapse movies on DVD, haven't bought any of their BRs yet but if they release a film I want & I don't already own the DVD, ill buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks