What's new

Need help choosing a receiver (1 Viewer)

Tabs1984

Auditioning
Real Name
Tabre
Hello, I am looking for some of your help/opinions on a home theater receiver for my home theater. I have 5 polk audio rc85i speakers and a polk psw125 sub.Watch a lot of movies, do a decent amount of gaming and occasionally listen to music.Looking for the best receiver to get the best sound out of my setup. I wouldn't mind wifi and Bluetooth but am not really into the pandora and spotify and that sort of stuff.Any help would be great.

vidiot33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I own and recommend Yamaha. They sound great, are reliable, and priced reasonably. Another good choice is Denon. Best of luck!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Want/need zone 2?Want a pre-programmed remote?Need/want pre outs?Need/want app control?Have a turntable?Have a Wii/VHS?Need/want front HDMI/USB?Budget?Want one with a 1, 2 or 3 year warranty?

Tabs1984

Auditioning
Real Name
Tabre
Sorry I should have given more detail:
-no zone 2
-using a universal remote
-no app control
-no turntable
-using ps4 for gaming
-front usb would be helpful
-warranty obviously longer is better

For price I would like to keep it around $500 or less, I think for my setup spending more might just be overkill.

Thanks folks

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I do like Yamaha and my previous reciever was a Yamaha RX-V995 that I actually still have and plan to use with my pc once I have the spare cash for a pair of speakers.

But check out Yamaha, Denon and Marantz as well. You may like the Marantz the most but my suggestion is try all three. Denon is also a really nice receiver. I always suggest buying more than you need so you do not outgrow it in the near future. I would get a reciever with more power, more HDMI's and you might as well get one with 4K switching. You may not need it right now but if you decide to take the 4K plunge you will not have to upgrade if you get 4K passthru and Dolby Atmos! Even if you do not get into it you have the capability to down the road and that will save you from another upgrade. Just something to consider.
View attachment 8847
Previous Yamaha RX-V995
View attachment 12736
Current Pioneer Elite SC-05
View attachment 14025
Marantz SR-7009 This one is on a short list of possibilities to replace the SC-05

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks