What's new

DEG Q3-14 Report (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Also says those 20 million accounts have 100 million UV titles in their library. I expect we will hear some good numbers at CES next year.

Walter-S_NC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Walter H. Schulze III
well aren't you a ray of sunshine. I bet you are sitting on a closet full of brd in plastic cases.join the cool crowd. Haul those down to your local Wallie World photo counter. The good folks there will convert them into easy to access, cloud stored, digital titles for the low price of $2.00.Sent from my iPad using HTF

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, on average, every UV account has 5 movies...That must mean that a whole lot of those 20 mil are like mine...Opened, one code redeemed and haven't logged in in months. I have(if all still valid) over 100 unused UV codes.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Walter-S_NC said:
Dude. How much? I only buy the ones from BRD though.Sent from my iPad using HTF
I've given most away. Those 100 or so are movies I doubt anybody wants. I've bought YTD 400 BD/DVD. Sold roughly 100.Roughly 40% is UK, De and Fr.What would you do with those?

Walter-S_NC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Walter H. Schulze III
Understand completely. Euro is not a nut cracked yet, making them pretty useless over there.Sent from my iPad using HTF

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Walter-S_NC said:
well aren't you a ray of sunshine. I bet you are sitting on a closet full of brd in plastic cases.join the cool crowd. Haul those down to your local Wallie World photo counter. The good folks there will convert them into easy to access, cloud stored, digital titles for the low price of $2.00.
I've got plenty of disks and a sprinkling of digital movies. I'm not opposed to digital at all, I'm 100% download only on consoles and steam. UV remains a mess tho and not better than the storefronts I have used since the beginning. Make UV actually universal and cross platform without hoops and we'll talk. Until then, no. It's been 4 years of 'real soon now'.

P

Patrick Donahue

schan1269 said:
So, on average, every UV account has 5 movies...That must mean that a whole lot of those 20 mil are like mine...Opened, one code redeemed and haven't logged in in months. I have(if all still valid) over 100 unused UV codes.
Yeah, 5 titles per account is not impressive when all UV services give you 5 free titles just for signing up...

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Walter-S_NC said:
well aren't you a ray of sunshine. I bet you are sitting on a closet full of brd in plastic cases.join the cool crowd. Haul those down to your local Wallie World photo counter. The good folks there will convert them into easy to access, cloud stored, digital titles for the low price of $2.00.
$2.00 per title to buy back what I already own? Wow! :D (cartoon zoom, leaving behind dust cloud and hairpins)

(And is wrong that I haven't heard "Join the cool crowd" since high school?)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Not every provider gives you 5 titles for signing up. Vudu and Target Ticket give titles away, but the others stopped doing that a long time ago. A lot of people sign up through flixster, so those people probably got one or two titles for free, but not 5.

Walter-S_NC

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Walter H. Schulze III
zero market share four years ago. 12% now.That is an optimistic trajectory.Sent from my iPad using HTF

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Patrick Donahue said:
Yeah, 5 titles per account is not impressive when all UV services give you 5 free titles just for signing up...
Me, I've got ten titles in my account, and I haven't bought a single one of them.
Like, actually change monetary transaction for something OTHER than buying the physical disk, and that includes the "miracle" of upgrading it.
(Although I started a while ago, and only got one free title for signing up with Vudu. And in SD at that.)
Which seems to be the problem with the report: They're fatally confusing people how many titles people have with how many they use.

They've sort of become the home theater equivalent of pennies:
You get stuck with them after buying something you did need, and there's no real place you can spend them, except when you need one once in a while for an emergency, so you just keep them all in a jar on your shelf to look at and feel smug about how many you could pick up for free off the street.
The difference, of course, being that if you collect enough pennies, they'll eventually be useful. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks