What's new

Advice in what equipment to buy (1 Viewer)

smahini

Auditioning
Real Name
Shahram Mahini
Hi, I am renovating my apartment and am about to put to getehr what I need as far as AV. I am basically planning fortwo spearate "TV" Zones, one in teh living room and one in the family room. Obviously flat screens, and video source wil be from cable box/apple tv/roku/amazon fire. I have a coupl eo fspeakers wired in each room for audio and wa splanning on a sonso playbar. My AV guy insists I need a control 4 box ro run each zone. I dont have automated lighting or temperature so not sure if the control 4 is necessary as opposed to just a universal remote and/or a receiver. Help...

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
What size are the rooms that you're putting this gear into? Are you looking for two 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 or one of those and a 2.1 in another?

smahini

Auditioning
Real Name
Shahram Mahini
ArmSC said:
What size are the rooms that you're putting this gear into? Are you looking for two 5.1, 7.1, 9.1 or one of those and a 2.1 in another?
the rooms are 12 by 20 and 14 by 20. 2.1 would be more than enough for our usage.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
smahini said:
the rooms are 12 by 20 and 14 by 20. 2.1 would be more than enough for our usage.
You want to spend 10-15...hundred or thousand? I'm kinda lost on the budget numbers. Also you said that a 2.1 would be enough for your usage. Does that mean you're looking for (2) 2.1 setups for the two areas?

smahini

Auditioning
Real Name
Shahram Mahini
Hi. My budget is 10-15,000 us dollars. I figured tvs alone would cost 4-6k for two TVs. And yes a 2.1 would be enough. Something like a songs soundboard and sub. I just want to know what I need to connect it all. Receiver/control 4/universal remote? Router for sonos? I will use a professional av person but am concerned about buying things I won't need.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What items will need a remote control? Does the receiver need to control the video? If so...there you are with an AVR to do 2.1 with...wasting the AVR. Or, you could get a DVDO processor(iScan Duo) and let it send digital output to a stereo AVR(or integrated amp) that has subwoofer output.

smahini

Auditioning
Real Name
Shahram Mahini
schan1269 said:
What items will need a remote control? Does the receiver need to control the video? If so...there you are with an AVR to do 2.1 with...wasting the AVR. Or, you could get a DVDO processor(iScan Duo) and let it send digital output to a stereo AVR(or integrated amp) that has subwoofer output.
Hi I guess the TV itself, and then the contents (cable/apple tv and teh like)

smahini

Auditioning
Real Name
Shahram Mahini
smahini said:
Hi I guess the TV itself, and then the contents (cable/apple tv and teh like)
And maybe teh sonso playbar...not sure it comes with a remote or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks