What's new

WHAT TO DO WHEN WARNER'S WON'T POST DVDS OVERSEAS. (1 Viewer)

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
It can be very frustrating when Warner's and other companies will not post dvds and other items overseas. Now AUSTRALIA POST has come up with a brilliant idea where they will give you a U.S.A. postal address . You can then have your items ( regardless of what they are) sent to this address and they will then be forwarded onto you at your local Australian address. It is not cheap however and costs about $A50 upwards, depending on the size of the parcel.

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Personally, I just wait for those titles to be available for sale on Amazon, usually not long after they've been announced on the Warner Archive website.

I have relatives still in the US but don't want to have them besieged by junkmail or have them put on a mailing list for years just because I wanted to get some dvds.

The one time I truly regretted not having a US address was for a couple of the Time Life boxset releases, notably "The Carol Burnett Show" and the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast set. It has only been in the last three months or so since these sets are now on sale on Amazon (Dean Martin and co have been having a semi-regular gig at my house in recent weeks and Carol Burnett is in the mail, you'd swear coming via the Panama Canal, as it is taking so long)

Thanks to this very Forum, managed to get another Time Life set at a decent price, the complete series of "Mama's Family" -- not one second of this show ever played on Australian television during the series run on US television, which is amazing considering that "The Carol Burnett Show" was a huge hit down here.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Fromt a U.S. perspective, same here. I've ordered a lot of region-free releases and always wait til they show up on Amazon UK or one other Amazon sites and order through them. The prices are usually good and while shipping can take a week or two, no big deal. I'd do the same if I lived overseas and wanted a WB title.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I normally do buy my WA titles through Amazon and some Ebay outlets, but when it comes to those '5 for $50' sales that Warner Archive sometimes offers, I'd give this shipping service a try.

ShowsOn

Second Unit
Real Name
Simon Howson
ImportCDs.com has most of the Warner Archive range including the Blurays yet it posts worldwide. THey currently have 10% off until 10/11.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I choose to largely not buy from them, period. There are few exceptions, but considering how many titles they put out, Warner's don't see nearly any of th money they used to from me prio to launching the archives.

Way I see it, if they don't want to sell the majority of their archive titles internationally due to the potential rights issue of a few of those titles, there are other companies putting out better quality product from me to spend my money on. All I buy now are the classic shorts collections and pre-code sets, and that's only because I bought them prior to being archive exclusives.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks