What's new

UGH! 1st day of school... MY SCHEDULE SUCKS! How was your 1st day? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
My teachers all have a reputation of being hard/mean/boring... I have almost NONE of my close friends in any of my classes, and my locker is nowhere near ANY of my classes!!!
Damn...
How were your first day of classes? (Canadians)
or if your in the US, how was it a week ago?
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Most of the US public schools started today (Sept 4) I thought, here in Virginia they did. My sis likes her classes overall, but of course it's still school.
And me? I should be in college right now but I got academiclly suspended last semester due to poor grades (missed the GPA requirement by tenths of a point!). I'm allowed to go back in Jan 2002 but am looking at other schools, UA for one. Currently I have an ok-paying job but I seem to be missing school already.
confused.gif
Weird huh?
Hope you grow to like the year nick, or at least get used to it. :) Us geniusieus will be here if you need any help, I'm pretty good at spelling.

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
That's too bad... How will you find the time to photo-touch Josie and Mena pics? :)
I start tomorrow...

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Our schools started on September 23...
eek.gif

I find it ironic that schools are starting earlier, ending later and the kids are learning less.
confused.gif

I'll stop there.
-Mike
------------------
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.
void *: Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
We started last Thursday! On a Thursday, who starts on a Thursday!?!?!?!?!?!
Well anyway, school isn't that bad this year (gasp!) as....
- All of my classes, I have one close friend or another in them.
- The classes are better than last year and look to be more fun (I have: World History Honors, Algebra II, Computer Science II Honors, PE II, English II Honors, and Chemistry I Honors).
- The teachers aren't dicks and most of my teachers are very nice.
- I know quite a bit of the students.
But.....
- My English II Honors class is 95% filled with assholes.
Also, I'm quite the ladies' man this year. Okay, that's a lie. :)
Overall, this school year looks to be decent. Hopefully I'll get straight A's and B's this year and not go into a slump like last year.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
GODDAMMIT MAN!!! GIMME A FRICKIN BREAK HERE!!!
biggrin.gif

I've been out of school for TWO MONTHS! It needs time to be restarted... English would be the hardest, as i think i was trying to get that out of my head first since in grade 10 our school MAKES you take TWO classes of english, NO, NOT ONE class, TWO!...
Damn... One day back and i get adults correcting my grammer... sheesh!
biggrin.gif

Edit: How WAS your first day/How were your first dayS
Or if you're in the US... HAPPY?!
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
[Edited last by NickSo on September 04, 2001 at 11:42 PM]
[Edited last by NickSo on September 05, 2001 at 05:48 PM]

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
quote: One day back and i get adults correcting my grammer[/quote]
There's no "e" in "grammar."
[Edited last by Carl Fink on September 05, 2001 at 10:51 AM]

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I've been in school for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I am full time in college taking 15 units. And while my financial aid covered my tuition, it didn't cover my books.
furious.gif

The books alone have literally raped me this summer.
Anyway, full time school with a weekend night job isn't that stressful (pathetic attempt in sarcasm) but so far so good.
Averaging 4-5 hours of sleep per night, isn't that great considering that its only the first month of school and finals are no where near yet. I think I might die when that time comes. Seriously, I might die. :)
But all in all, its been quite funny. With the lack of sleep, my first day of school (after working previous night) I came into class, found out I was in the wrong class, but didn't want to get up and leave, so I told instructor I will be adding the class. After I heard the excellent words of "OK" my head went straight to the desk for a nice little nap.
Ray

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Well boys and girls I take a full load at university and i'm going into my third year without one touch of financial aid. And i'd also like to point out that I do NOT get a single hand-out from my parents. It's all me and I work two part-time jobs year round to pull it off. It's the sacrifice I'm willing to make to not have to pay off a student loan 10years after i graduate.
My schedule this semester is butter, I don't start before 11am any day, and I still get three afternoons off to work. It took me two years to finally figure out how to get the perfect schedule but i've got it down pat :)
now if only i wasn't drunk out of my mind at 2in the morning the night before school starts....but that's a different story.
WOOOOOO SCHOOL
p.s. here's a fun ritual i like to practise...it's called being a slob. What you do is you wear some scrubby assed cltohes out the night before the first day of school, then you pass out in them...wake up and wear the exact same thing to school the next day, after classes proceed to the beer garden (while still wearing the same clothes) and drrink until passed out in same clothes. I can't wait until the year i piss myself the night before school and am forced to not change:p
hooray for campus life
mark

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Well,
I teach part-time at a local college and the first day was a good day. My students seemed to be ok with the class, statistics.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Started monday with new exciting classes, such as "Differential Equations and Infinite Series", "Engineering, Technology and Society" and "Introduction to Hydrology, Hydraulics, and Environmenmtal Engineering" along with the basics, "Mechanics" and "Chemistry".
Looks ok so far! :)
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
Ah yes, memories of high school.
Pretty much all bad.
Actually I start grad school today in electrical engineering. Only taking one class right now, since I work full time as a corporate whore. I miss college sometimes. On occasion I still go out drinking on the weekdays, selectively forgetting that I have to get up at 7am the next day :)
Come to think of it though, I don't miss the stress, the lack of money, and the crappy housing. Twas a great time though...
The nice thing about my school (I know that some others have this as well) is that I can take classes remotely from where I work. A lot of the classes are taped, so I can watch it live from the building I work in.

MikeH

Stunt Coordinator
Not bad, the computers are still running, registration is going as smooth as possible and I'm having a quiet week so far (and during this week that's a good thing).
I used to say the girls were getting younger but reality hit me right between the eyes this year. Some of the girls look about 15. I hate getting old.
My schedule this semester is butter, I don't start before 11am any day, and I still get three afternoons off to work.
Mark, you almost sound like a mighty Management student,
(we are everywhere). I fondly remember starting year 3 and having a guaranteed long weekend every week until graduation.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks