Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Do dreams ever ruin your day

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 03:01 AM

I had a dream last night that I actually won the big prize on one of those scratch off lottery tickets. Something like 100,000. I was quite depressed when I woke up and realized it was just a dream. I can't seem to shake it.

Of course, there was also the time I dreamt I had a sexual relationship with Rosanne Barr, or Arnold or whatever her name is now. I was quite releived to find that was just a dream. But then again, I was rather depressed to be dreaming about her in the first place. Sometimes Dreams just suck.
"DO NOT float above me while I'm dying in the abyss!"

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 836 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 03:15 AM

I have had a couple of dreams in which I get very close to gettin' the girl in the end but I wake up before anything, ya' know, actually happens. Talk about frustration!

#3 of 13 OFFLINE   Paul Mason

Paul Mason

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 04:20 AM

I once had a dream that a friend of mine and I were at the beach and he was throwing dogs into the sea, where the were drowning.

The weird thing was that I woke up feeling angry at him and I stayed angry even though rationally I knew he hadn't done anything.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

• 1,442 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 06:35 AM

Yes, because dreams are better than life. Posted Image Why else is Mulholland Drive the best film of 2001? Posted Image
Buy National Treasure on DVD today..."The best movie I saw on Saturday night from 7pm to 9:30. The DTS track is freakin' awesome!" --Multiplex Drone

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Kevin P

Kevin P

Screenwriter

• 1,444 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 07:27 AM

I had a dream last night that I was hugging my wife and she was purring like a cat. How's that for weird. Posted Image BTW, we have three cats, maybe one was purring on the bed at the time. Posted Image

As for dreams ruining my day, probably the closest ones to that are ones where I get something new and exciting (a new house, a new car, a new HT toy, etc.) and I always wake up before I get a chance to play with it.

KJP

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   ScottR

ScottR

Screenwriter

• 2,650 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 07:45 AM

I have dreams where I have reconciled with my ex-best friend. And then I wake up feeling very depressed, and it lasts the whole day. Posted Image

#7 of 13 OFFLINE   Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 07:54 AM

Not really cause either....

A: My dream will be some freakish nightmare where in which I'll be scared shitless for the rest of the day (I've had many nightmares with zombies chasing me and sometimes in the dream I end up dying with the dream still going on).
B: I have good dreams in which I'll remember them for weeks. Posted Image
C: I'll be lucky to even rememeber my dream at all.

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 09:54 AM

I almost hate it when I have that recurring dream where I'm stranded on a desert island with Emmanuelle Beart. Why? Because I always wake up to another day of my pathetic and miserable life. Woe is me... Posted Image

#9 of 13 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,400 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted January 04 2002 - 11:18 AM

I had a dream the other day that Sandra was attacked by a humongous tarantula the size of a horse, I tried my best to save her, really I did, tried smacking it with a rolled up newspaper, failed miserably I'm afraid.....Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,845 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 01:45 PM

Sometimes I dreamt that I have a lot of money, and then when I wake up, I operate under those "assumptions" and when reality hits, it's like getting splashed with buckets of cold water.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Jon_B

Jon_B

Screenwriter

• 1,030 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 06:28 PM

The only "good" dreams I have is that I can fly. Alas, I can not. Posted Image
I'm Back Online

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   MichaelPe

MichaelPe

Screenwriter

• 1,118 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 06:44 PM

Only when I wake up and realize that Natalie Portman is not my wife. Posted Image

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted January 04 2002 - 07:22 PM

Yes THEY do. Posted Image