What's new

Cannot get TV to output through surround speakers (1 Viewer)

Barbra Barbour

Auditioning
Hello,

I have a Samsung #LN-T3232H TV paired with a Samsung #HT-Z410T DVD/Surround system. While they are both older models I have no reason to believe things aren't working properly.

The TV is connected to the DVD via both an HDMI and an Optical Audio cable. Since this is an older system there aren't a lot of holes to choose from and I am sure everything is in the proper slot.

I am unable to get the audio from the TV to output to the surround speakers. I do not have a cable/cable box/satellite setup to worry about, but I do use Chromecast in the second HDMI slot on the TV.

I used to be able to output sound from the TV to the surround system speakers, but I seem to have forgotten all the rigamarole required to get it to work.

I have tried using the D-In and the Aux settings on the DVD player to no avail. DVD outputs to the surround speakers no problem, but not the TV output, it's stuck on the TV speakers.

There is no option on my TV to choose a sound system, but it hasn't been a problem in the past.

Can anyone offer a solution to this problem? I *KNOW* it used to work before and I am at my wits end with pushing buttons to get it to work now.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Turn the TV speakers "off".Then you choose external audio. Some Samsung have variable out...which means you turn the volume up on the TV.

Barbra Barbour

Auditioning
How do I turn the speakers off? As I stated in my OP, there is no option on the TV to choose a speaker output, and that includes turning them off entirely. There are no options having to do with the speakers at all to the best of my knowledge.

kathy13xia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kathy Xia
schan1269 said:
Turn the TV speakers "off".Then you choose external audio. Some Samsung have variable out...which means you turn the volume up on the TV.
Thank you so much, I have tried to turn off the TV spreakers, and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks