What's new

Wharfedale diamond 10 series or Jamo s426 hcs3 (1 Viewer)

vlavot

Auditioning
Dear friends, hello just joined this community and am in a need of help.Please help me choose between a jamo s426 hcs3 5.0 and a 5.0 from wharfedale 2x10.1 as front, 10cs as centar and 10.0 as back surround. My room is 25 square meters and i will be connecting theese speakers with vsx 519v or vsx 422 which will be connected to my pc with asus xonar d1 sound card. I might be using analog surround connection to the reciever because i think my sound card has better DAC and 5.1 gaming will be easier. Now, I do almost equal gaming watching movies and listening to music so all three things are important to me. I have listened the jamo s426 and sound very good and full but not as clear and detailed. I have listened wharfa 10.0 and 10.cs however i did not had the chance to listen to 10.1 but from.10.0 and 10 cs, they sound very good crystal clear and loud with detail but they are more squiky, no low noise and sort of missing lows. Plus i will combine all set of wharfedale 5.0 for arround 380 eur comapred to 5.0 jamo s426 hcs3 260 eur. So what would you recomend should i go with the jamo s426 hcs3 cause they have towers in them or should i go with wharfedale 5.0 combinations of bookshelfs. And how do 10.1 sound, will they be deeper and may they act or be better then s426 towers from jamo. And will the center from wharfedale be overkill for the small 10.1. Ah alot of questions please help me. Thank you.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Analog sound connections...Do you mean analog 5.1 or analog stereo? If 5.1, the newer 422 does not have a 5.1 input.Are you not using subwoofer?(Does that mean you own a 519?)

vlavot

Auditioning
I mean analog 5.1 and vsx 519v has a 5.1 analog mutichanel input. I want to let my asus xonar d1 do the decoding. But if i dont like the sound i will connect my and the reciever using optical cable and let the pioneer do the decoding. Well for now no but i will add a subwoofer because my budget wont allow me now. So what is your opinion on the speakers.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Never heard either set. Jamo, essentially, was withdrawn from the US market(yes I know Magnolia carries them...but nowhere near me) once Klipsch bought them.Wharfedale is British. The British have never made lousy speakers.

vlavot

Auditioning
Well I am from europe and we have a bunch of Jamo's here :) I m interested in the opinions of others on theese two sets of speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks