What's new

Vizio P-Series 4K Sets starting to appear in stores. Opinions? (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just saw in BJ's (Merritt Island, FL) the first Vizio P-Series 4K HDTVs starting to appear. BJ's had the 60" set while Wal-Mart is starting to carry 50" P-Series TVs.

Largest P-Series available now is the 70" (would love to have one replace my E-Series 70").

Opinions from anyone who has seen these TVs in action (neither store had one actually turned on).

And yes Vizio is aggressively pricing their P-Series. The $50 was going for $998 at Wally-world while the 60" was around $1700 at BJ's.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Funny(and sad)...Found more than 1 review that said..."You can't tell the difference between 4K and 1080P Netflix on Vizio M and P series"On a related note...The 50" uses an IPS panel...that "isn't capable" of 4K. The rest of them use VA.One review site even had the audacity to claim "the P series beats the Samsung F8500 in black level"Now there is utter and complete bullshit.On another related note(and applies to more than Vizio. It is this years half-baked effort...)...The P series will more than likely not work with 4K Blu-Ray. But...every sucker that bought 4K this year is likely in that boat. Hope you like streaming your 4K. Or having PC gaming as your only 4.4.4 content...

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
schan1269 said:
Funny(and sad)...

Found more than 1 review that said...

"You can't tell the difference between 4K and 1080P Netflix on Vizio M and P series"

On a related note...

The 50" uses an IPS panel...that "isn't capable" of 4K. The rest of them use VA.

One review site even had the audacity to claim "the P series beats the Samsung F8500 in black level"

Now there is utter and complete bullshit.

On another related note(and applies to more than Vizio. It is this years half-baked effort...)...

The P series will more than likely not work with 4K Blu-Ray. But...every sucker that bought 4K this year is likely in that boat. Hope you like streaming your 4K. Or having PC gaming as your only 4.4.4 content...
You have stated quite clearly for me the reasons why I'm not jumping on the 4K wagon for at least the next 3-5 years. Still happy with my 70 E-series and 49 M-Series.

Users who are viewing this thread