What's new

Los Angeles Area HTF Members Invited to Fox Screening of THE INNOCENTS (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TheInnocents_InviteV2.jpg
We set up this screening program to introduce our friends and colleagues to the movies we love. It's also a great way for us to revisit the films on the big screen that are ingrained in the history of 20th Century Fox. We hope you'll join us on Wednesday, October 29th for MRS. DOUBTFIRE.​

The location is kept secret, but we can tell you it's at a very notable location in a private screening room.
HTF members are encouraged to bring family and friends to this event. There is a total of 30 slots available. All we ask is that if you commit to the event, please be certain you can attend. When you cancel, you may be taking away a space that could have gone to someone else.

Here is how you can attend....

1. Send a private message to Ronald Epstein. You will find the private message link below my name on the upper corner of this post
2. Please send me the names of all the individuals attending in your party as they appear on their drivers license. There will be a security check.

You can always see how many slots are remaining by checking back on the number below!

SEATS AVAILABLE

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Kind of an obscure title for me but I am planning on having a great time watching something I may have never seen otherwise! I love that 20th Century allows us to come in and enjoy movies with them as you do not see many people doing this. I do not think we can thank 20th Century enough for this wonderful thing that they are doing! Will be going and enjoing this movie and about a week and a half later I will be celebrating my 50th birthday.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Will anyone else be attending tonight ? I will be wearing a black shirt with grey pin stripes if anyone else from the forum goes tonight.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Just getting back from the screening of The Innocents (1961) that was a 4K digital restoration. The movie was very good, it had a very good story line which was very original which doesn't have the usual ending. The acting in the movie was very good IMHO and I would recommend it. There are a number of places in the story that are very creepy and it is a good thriller. The movie was directed by Jack Clayton and stared Deborah Kerr, Martin Stephens, Peter Wyngarde, Pamela Franklin and Megs Jenkins. The Innocents was adapted from the gothic ghost novel written by Henry James in 1898. This IMHO was a very good restoration overall but since I never did see the original 35mm release I have to admit I have nothing to compare it to especially since this was the first time I ever saw this movie. There where a number of scenes that had a good quality inky black in the dark scenes and through the movie had a very good depth of field. This is a movie I am going to add to my must have list and if it is released in 4K bluray I think I would get it in that format instead of the 1080p blu-ray. But due to the lack of income and income limitations over the past number of years I could very well be happy with the 1080p bluray release!

Now while a date was not given for the next screening we where told that the next movie would be A Tree Grows In Brooklyn from 1945 and we where also told is going to be a 4K digitally restored movie as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks