What's new

TV or front projector (1 Viewer)

Drmadison

Auditioning
I will have a designated theater room which is roughly 14x25. I do a lot of console gaming and watch lots of sports and I am worried about some of the input lag with video games and rainbow effect and ghost images. Should I go ahead with a projector or maybe a 75 inch 1080p or 65 inch 4k.

Drmadison

Auditioning
Drmadison said:
I will have a designated theater room which is roughly 14x25. I do a lot of console gaming and watch lots of sports and I am worried about some of the input lag with video games and rainbow effect and ghost images. Should I go ahead with a projector or maybe a 75 inch 1080p or 65 inch 4k.

N

Nancy_wu

Go ahead with a projector. You will have an amazing experience of MMP. It is also good to enjoy movies.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Drmadison said:
Sorry to confuse everyone. looking at rear projection setup or tv
Rear projection? Do you mean using a projector in rear projection mode instead of front projection? Why do that?

OR did you mean getting an RPTV? They're no longer in production.

IF you plan to put a ton of hours on it (as that's what it sounds like) and don't want to replace projector bulbs often (due to cost) or deal w/ ambient light issues (for the kind of uses you mentioned), probably better to just stick w/ a big flat panel instead. You didn't mention watching movies, so I'm guessing you'll rarely want the room very dim (or completely dark) for best results w/ a projector.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks