What's new

Placement of Snell SR4 in 7.1 Setup (1 Viewer)

Sigerson

Auditioning
Real Name
Craig Ellis
Hi All. I have a question about placement for my rear speakers. The speakers I have are Snell SR5 (see Pic) and I'm unable to follow the standard guideline (135 to 150 degrees from the listening position) for mounting these speakers because the door is part of the back wall (see pic). Also, because of where the rack currently is, the speakers will have to be a a couple of feet higher than the side surrounds. Will this make a tremendous difference. Is there some workaround I haven't thought of?

Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1586.JPG
    IMG_1586.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 50

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
A guideline is just that, recommendation, not a hard and fast rule. If you have to go outside of the recommendation, you'll probably want to try to test them out in a few optional spots to see how they sound in the room. For surrounds though, especially bi/dipole ones, it is far less critical for placement than mains. Higher almost definitely will not be an issue either. Bi/dipole surrounds should actulaly be placed closer to where you have the one near the door, as in further away from the wall due to reflections, moreso than the angle from the seating position rule, so I don't think you'll have a major issue there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks