What's new

Want to buy a new phone Iphone 6 or Samsung galaxy s5? (1 Viewer)

L

Laura98

Hey, i sold my HTC one and want something new now. Anyway i still deciding to buy a Samsung galaxy s5 or a iPhone 6. So give me advice/tips on it?

Thank You

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Laura,

It seems this place is a bunch of apple fanboys so I don't think you'll get much of an argument here if that's what you're looking for. If it were me, this would between the iPhone 6 and Nexus 6 which is taking pre-orders October 29. I have been on the fence with apple/android after trying out a Nexus 5 last winter, but just bought an iPad.

My advice: Pick the ecosystem you want to invest into and stick with it. I personally wouldn't consider anything that doesn't run naked android, but some people seem to like the samsung phones for some reason.

L

Laura98

McPaul said:
Laura,

It seems this place is a bunch of apple fanboys so I don't think you'll get much of an argument here if that's what you're looking for. If it were me, this would between the iPhone 6 and Nexus 6 which is taking pre-orders October 29. I have been on the fence with apple/android after trying out a Nexus 5 last winter, but just bought an iPad.

My advice: Pick the ecosystem you want to invest into and stick with it. I personally wouldn't consider anything that doesn't run naked android, but some people seem to like the samsung phones for some reason.
Hi McPaul, Really sorry for this topic , if you dont like this type of Discuession then i removed my topic.

Thanks

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You don't need to remove your topic, it's actually an interesting question. I think a number of folks were waiting to see who would reply to this first =) McPaul might have been a bit aggressive at his first punch, but I'd like to see how people would base their recommendations to new users.

I use both and recommend non technophiles to stick to iOS for the benefits of simplicity, ubiquity of apps, and an ecosystem that works together. I recommend Android for those who are demanding about customizability, who refuse to pay for apps and don't mind advertising in all their apps, or for those who like to tinker.

YMMV.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
what? no one said it wasn't a good topic.

I just said it depends on the ecosystem you want. One is more open than the other (android) and that appeals to a certain type of person more I think. I just bought an iPad, so that speaks for my preference. Most people around here like apple though, so I don't know if you'll get much argument here. I'd buy a nexus 6 over anything samsung though if you want android. You can't decide between which phone to get (samsung or apple) without first deciding which ecosystem you want. Simple as that.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I was just hitting on the same point you made that you can tinker more. Although I don't really know how you would tinker, or what you would do with it. I set my icons once on my Nexus 5 and was good from there. I maybe changed the wallpaper 5 or 6 times...

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Laura98 said:
Hey, i sold my HTC one and want something new now. Anyway i still deciding to buy a Samsung galaxy s5 or a iPhone 6. So give me advice/tips on it?

Thank You
Do you use an Apple computer (desktop or laptop)? How about an iPad? I definitely recommend the iPhone for best integration with other apple products. If you're a Windows user, that benefit isn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks