What's new

Mrs. Miniver CBS tv movie (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Is the 90 minute CBS movie adaptation from 1960 with Maureen O'Hara as Mrs. Miniver, extant?

If so, does it happen to be available anywhere for viewing such as at the Museum of Television & Radio? I suppose it's just wishful thinking that this might be on DVD, even if it's just a public domain release?

She seems like she'd of been perfect for this role, so I'd love to have the chance to see it.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I've always felt this story would have been a perfect musical onstage. Maureen O'Hara could sing, and did 1 show on Broadway ("Christine"), but she'd have been a perfect musical Mrs Miniver too. I'm sure her dramatic portrayal in this 1960 TV version was first rate.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
I'd also love to see it as it has future stars in early roles: Juliet Mills as the daughter-in-law, and Keir Dullea as the fugitive Nazi. I do hope it is at the Paley Center.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Charles Ellis said:
I'd also love to see it as it has future stars in early roles: Juliet Mills as the daughter-in-law, and Keir Dullea as the fugitive Nazi. I do hope it is at the Paley Center.
I'd love to see that! I never quite liked Teresa Wright in that role, even though she won an Oscar for it. She wasn't convincing to me as the veddy British Dame May Whitty's granddaughter. But Juliet Mills would have been perfect!

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
"If any of you researchers out there want to make Maureen O'Hara very happy, then join in a search that we have conducted for the last 20 years. That is finding a tape of a 1960 TV presentation of "Mrs. Miniver" starring Maureen on CBS-TV. In past years I have contacted the Library of Congress; National TV Radio Museum in L.A. and NYC, some media storage place in Texas...CBS archives, Andrew Susskind (son of producer David Susskind) - you name it...either I or fans and friends have tried it all."

The above was taken from the Maureen O'Hara Magazine Facebook in a 2012 entry. So this would suggest the tv movie is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks