What's new

3D 3-D RARITIES Sneak Preview! (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
We'll be presenting a sneak preview of our upcoming 3-D RARITIES Blu-ray from Flicker Alley on November 20 and 21 at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. Tickets are selling fast for this event!

http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/film_screenings/22285

Beany_web.jpg

Maze2-1.37.jpgweb.jpg

Boo2.jpgweb.jpg

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I'm sorry that you can't make it.

I should mention that the Russian shorts and two of the Norman McLaren shorts will not be included in Rarities.

Todd J Moore

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Todd Moore
Bob Furmanek said:
I'm sorry that you can't make it.

I should mention that the Russian shorts and two of the Norman McLaren shorts will not be included in Rarities.
Curses and conniptions! I was hoping they would be!

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
It's too late now to begin the long process of licensing for RARITIES. Perhaps we'll try to get them for a future release.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Just 8 days to go for our sneak preview of 3-D RARITIES at MoMA.

As a special thank you for your interest and support in our 3-D restoration work, the first five people from the HTF to say hello on Thursday November 20 will get a free gift!

boomooncel---Copy.jpgweb.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I remember watching Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoons on Saturday mornings. Now I will get to see him in 3-D!

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Will we ever see Boo Moon on any future titles, seeing as most of the Famous toons are now public domain, or do we wait for that upcoming Rarities disk?

(And I'd normally do the Simpsons joke about whether Casper is really the ghost of Richie Rich--
But since that one's been cribbed to death everywhere else on the net, picked the more appropriate:

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ejanss said:
Will we ever see Boo Moon on any future titles, seeing as most of the Famous toons are now public domain, or do we wait for that upcoming Rarities disk?

(And I'd normally do the Simpsons joke about whether Casper is really the ghost of Richie Rich--
But since that one's been cribbed to death everywhere else on the net, picked the more appropriate:

Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich? I never knew that! :eek:

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
RolandL said:
Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich? I never knew that! :eek:
(No, but Bart & Lisa comment on the uncanny resemblance between the two--"Probably pondered the futility of his materialistic existence and took his own life..."
And that was back in the first season, which dates me as a million years old.)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Just a reminder, the first five people from the HTF to say hello on Thursday November 20 will get a free gift!

GregK

Screenwriter
I envy anyone who can make the November 20th showing and wish I could be there. As the link that Bob posted shows, the line-up for the 3-D Funhouse presentation is impressive!

Retro00064

Agent
Real Name
Zachary
Wow Bob. Boo Moon? Might have to pick this up if it will be playable in 2-D, and I'll be wishing I had the equipment to see it properly in 3-D. The Paramount cartoons that Harvey bought have not been done right on home video. The cartoons' original Technicolor is much better than the TV prints on the existing official DVD releases. It's great that the one 3-D Casper cartoon will finally be presented on Blu-ray in its original 3-D 35mm IB Technicolor. Great work.

Interesting that it was never seen in 3-D in the very city where it was made until now.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I attended the Friday repeat show at MOMA. Bob gave a fine presentation, as always, and it was great to meet other champions of the 3-D cause.

Looking forward to the Blu-ray release of the rarities!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks