What's new

Yamaha rx-v1800 (pre amp out) (1 Viewer)

legacy

Auditioning
Real Name
scott
My AV receiver has one set of front speaker preamp outputs (RCA). Is it possible to split the left and right channels? I have 2 Hafler 9505 power amps that power a pair of Legacy Focus speakers. That I am trying to add to my existing system. If it is possible to split the left and right channel. Would I run the left RCA into one amp and the right RCA into the other? Where my hang up is. Do I Y them or do I run one RCA to each AMP? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Are you sure you got the model number correct for your receiver? According to the online documentation, that model receiver has a full set of pre-outs, not just for the front channels.

If the outputs on your receiver are indeed pre-outs, then they are already "split" - in that each single RCA connection is for a discrete channel of audio. You simply connect each channel you wish to an external amplifier using a single RCA-terminated coaxial cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks