What's new

Dear Filmmakers....Enough with the Shaky Cam! (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I just got through watching LORE, a recent film about three children of German parents who are on their own when their parents are captured by our allies at the end of World War II. It's an otherwise very fine movie, but it features a great deal of shaky cam, which by the end or the film simply had me pissed off. On my worst day, if I was having a seizure during a 8.1 earthquake, I could hold a camera steadier than the cinematographer often does here. Enough already! It's completely inappropriate for this film, and for many other movies, whether they are "found footage" films or not. The cameraman has to have deliberately wiggled the camera, as there is no way any professional (or amateur, for that matter) who shoots a movie is going to allow this sort of thing to happen. We get it. It's "spontaneous." Now cut the crap and give us movies we can watch without becoming dizzy!!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Like you, I wish this fad would end. I also wish the horrid "let's color everything teal and orange" fad would end as well. It looks like we'll have to wait for these things to run their course.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I can't think of a single, solitary situation where this anti-style would be aesthetically appropriate anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks