What's new

Pacific Rim: Uprising (March 23, 2018) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sorta liked the first one so I hope these sequels are better,if they ever get made. And please, no battles in the dark and rain. Seems like no giant monster film can be made in broad daylight! ;)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Tino said:
And please, no battles in the dark and rain. Seems like no giant monster film can be made in broad daylight! ;)
Again: "The sun will come out, tomorrow.....Unless it's a Legendary Picture, in which case it rains for forty days and forty nights." ;)

(But then, they probably film them in Vancouver, so...)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think they'll have one daylight battle to change things up but for reasons of budget, hiding CG and because it's the look of the series, I think most of the battles will still be in darker areas.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ejanss said:
Again: "The sun will come out, tomorrow.....Unless it's a Legendary Picture, in which case it rains for forty days and forty nights." ;) (But then, they probably film them in Vancouver, so...)
Well, Legendary and Warner Brothers have split. But I don't know if Pacific Rim goes with mommy or daddy.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
While I found PR to be fairly disappointing and some parts reminded me of Independence Day, I will check out the sequels. Wouldn't mind seeing the Jaegers crossing over to where the Kaiju came from, would like to see that world.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I'm staggered that the first film exists at all. "Let's give a director who makes offbeat arthouse movies and cult comic book adaptations $200 million to make a movie based on a combination of genres known to 37 people in the US." I loved the hell out of it despite its many flaws, so I'm amazed we might get a sequel!

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
hanshotfirst1138 said:
I'm staggered that the first film exists at all. "Let's give a director who makes offbeat arthouse movies and cult comic book adaptations $200 million to make a movie based on a combination of genres known to 37 people in the US." I loved the hell out of it despite its many flaws, so I'm amazed we might get a sequel!
Thank the Chinese for that.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Me too. Kinda like George Lucas putting Jar Jar in Episode 2.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
They were annoying, yes, but I don't think I'd go so far as to compare them with Binks, who's presence in the SW prequels caused a large percentage of audience brain cells to instantly putrefy en-mass.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was always kind of surprised a sequel was greenlit in the first place.

I imagine if the upcoming Godzilla and Kong sequels are successful, the PR sequel would restart.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Imo, there will never be a Pacific Rim sequel. I just don't see it happening.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
That's disappointing, maybe now del Toro can work on Hellboy 3. I've read that Perlman wants to do it and del Toro has a story idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks