What's new

Sound loss (1 Viewer)

sidneyf

Auditioning
Real Name
Sidney Forrestier
My equipment; Yamaha RX-A820 Receiver, Samsung HU8500 UHD TV, Service AT&T U-Verse
Set up HDMI from set top box to receiver input HDMI2 output HDMI Out1(ARC), Input into TV is HDMI4 (ARC). HDMI Control on receiver is set to on. This is all being turned on through a Logitech Harmony.
Problem: when the systems are turned on everything powers up as intented, however within a minute are so the sound is lost due to the receiver changing to AV 4 automatically, I can change the receiver back to HDMI2 manually and all is fine until the systems are powered back up and the same thing happens.

CAn anyone provide help with getting the unit to stay set in the HDMI 2 input?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Do you hit the 'Help' button on the Harmony? If so, what happens? Have you checked the settings on the Harmony?

sidneyf

Auditioning
Real Name
Sidney Forrestier
Thanks, hitting the help button resolve the issue by switching the receiver back to HDMI 2 from the AV 4

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
sidneyf said:
Thanks, hitting the help button resolve the issue by switching the receiver back to HDMI 2 from the AV 4
I don't know why but that happens with certain things. I have 3 Harmony Remotes, one less expensive one for the bonus/guest room upstairs, an old 880 for one spare system and a Harmony One (and I have a spare one too) for the master bedroom and main systems. For some reason, I can't even update the Harmony One on my computers (either Mac or Windows and i've looked online for various solutions and have turned off firewalls) and have to do it on Harmony's site. In the bedroom system where I have a Pioneer 1120 receiver, it won't switch sources from the last time. So if I did internet radio or Roku or Blu-Ray as a source that is what comes on. As soon as it is done I hit 'Help' and it fixes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks