What's new

Theater Sound Bar Price: $ 99.88 (1 Viewer)

Wayn3d

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne A. Wroten
I'm looking for a nice Home Theater Sound Bar, I found at amazon VIZIO S3820w Price: $ 99.88,
I saw it here http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-S3820w-C0-38-Inch-Theater-Integrated/dp/B00DG6FOV0
do you think i worth, anyone can give me reviews about it?
thanks
o.png

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
You're not going to get a lot of love asking about soundbars especially in the speaker section. That being said I'll try to help you out. Soundbars are normally about cheap, easy and throwaway. They normally have poor soundquality, poor features and no flexibility. What you get is what you get. Most folks would recommend that you look at getting an AVR and a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system instead. Solid advice as you can change out the speakers, add in other other sources ect. However, if you must have a soundbar because of space, wife approval, or something else just know you're compromising.

Ok now on to your question...I have only heard that unit in the big box stores. I wasn't impressed as it really lacks the low end to sound decent in a HT roll. Will it sound better than your TV speakers...yeah, anything will. However, without a "bass module" (it's hard to call a 5-6.5" speaker a sub) it just sounds a bit weak to me. I've heard other soundbars that sound better in that price range because of the bass module included. My advice is consider carefully the soundbar...they are good for bedrooms but not for the main HT. If you have to go down that road look for one with a bass module (I like wired) or get a pedestal system like this or this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks