What's new

Alien Isolation (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I got it for the PS4. Alien being one of my favorite films this game has a lot to live up to. I'm happy to say I freaking love this game, it is the Alien game I have always been waiting for. Not just a game, but an experience. You will feel like you are on a deserted space station with an Alien hunting you(that can be good or bad I guess) and the level design is flawless. The Alien is random so you never know when or where you are going to get killed, but my advice...crouch walk and hide a lot. Sprinting leads to instant death with Alien near.

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
I'm definitely in to playing this game...but I think that it'll frustrate the pants off of me (based on the gameplay videos I've seen), so I'll likely wait for a price drop before taking the plunge.

Interested in hearing your continued thoughts on it as you play through it!

HTInstallNJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
I picked this game up despite the negative reviews on IGN. I have come to the conclusion that if it isn't call of duty, IGN hates it haha. This game is awesome (frustrating at times, but def still awesome). There are frame rate issues that are most noticeable during cutscenes and a few bugs that can probably worked out with an update. I love the game because as you stated, I love Alien as with you, Alien is one of my favorite movie trilogies (I try to forget resurrection exists). As far as atmosphere goes, this game nails it. All previous attempts for an alien game have failed miserably. I can look past the small flaws as this game trumps any other attempt at an alien game.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
HTInstallNJ said:
I picked this game up despite the negative reviews on IGN. I have come to the conclusion that if it isn't call of duty, IGN hates it haha. This game is awesome (frustrating at times, but def still awesome). There are frame rate issues that are most noticeable during cutscenes and a few bugs that can probably worked out with an update. I love the game because as you stated, I love Alien as with you, Alien is one of my favorite movie trilogies (I try to forget resurrection exists). As far as atmosphere goes, this game nails it. All previous attempts for an alien game have failed miserably. I can look past the small flaws as this game trumps any other attempt at an alien game.
The 5.9 score on IGN(out of 10) was really a black eye for video gaming. This is really a pure survival/horror experience, that very few games capture. My friend just beat it( hardcore gamer) and said it is one of the best game experiences he has had in years.
The lone review from IGN was bad enough but the follow up roundtable with the reviewer and 3 other IGN reviewers(one hadn't even encountered the Alien in game yet) bashing it leads me to believe something is very fishy. Really 4 true gamers all think the game,THIS game is garbage is outrageous. Especially when it plays so beautifully, great level design, and unexpected alien encounters.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
My impression from the reviews is that the mechanic of hiding is neat, but it goes from being very scary to frustrating when it constantly catches you over the game's 20 hour length. I mean, in general, outside of RPGs it is hard to maintain a good game for that long, especially if you spend the whole time trying to hide from something.

It seems like a good 2 hour idea.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Morgan Jolley said:
My impression from the reviews is that the mechanic of hiding is neat, but it goes from being very scary to frustrating when it constantly catches you over the game's 20 hour length. I mean, in general, outside of RPGs it is hard to maintain a good game for that long, especially if you spend the whole time trying to hide from something.It seems like a good 2 hour idea.
I have played for a little over eight hours, and I've encountered the alien three times(playing on medium not hard). You don't always have to hide from the alien, as a flamethrower will keep it running from you. I think the biggest misconception about this game is that you are powerless to do anything against the alien, and die an awful lot. Well, that will be the case if you play recklessly without much thought. Play smart, and the game changes in your favor.2 hour ideas don't make for a game that has overwhelmingly positive reviews from gamers, and critics alike.

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
As a huge Alien fan, I also think the game is great so far. Ive had a blast so far. Aside from IGN & its bad review of it, its gotten a lot of good reviews in other places as well.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Loved this game. Some of the most tense moments I have ever encountered in a video game. Definitely nails the atmosphere of Ridley Scott's Classic. You will feel like you are on the Nostromo and in that universe. Never have I dusagreed with reviews, especially IGN's. And it's so much more than a " good two hour idea". Loved every minute of my 20 plus hours playing it. Can't wait for more dlc.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I haven't played this in a spell. Still have not beat it. My friend said there was a substantial update, that fixed all the janky cut scene animations and more. I can't wait to get back into it. I hear there is also a "nightmare mode" now. No motion tracker is about the only thing I know about it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
They added a very easy mode and a very hard mode. Love this game.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
I got this from a secret santa, gonna have to dedicate a little time to it away from Destiny!
With respect, this is the the anti-DESTINY. Big story, little to do with online(for the most part)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks