What's new

Jingle All The Way 2 (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I'd love to know what people actually feel compelled to watch this kind of straight to DVD/Blu garbage, let alone BUY it on Blu Ray to add to their movie collection.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Good grief! They actually made a sequel?

Oh wait, Larry ("Nothing Is Too Chintzy for Me") the Cable Guy -- that explains it!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Way to strike while the skillet is hot.

I'm sure fans of the first movie have been eagerly ready for this after 18 years despite having almost no relation to the first movie. I mean they couldn't even get Sinbad?

darkness2918

Second Unit
Real Name
Tony
Oh god, as if the 1st wasn't bad enough & to top it all off they wait many yrs after the original one lol.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND​
WWE STUDIOS® PRESENT THE HILARIOUS FOLLOW-UP TO THE
HOLIDAY HIT STARRING LARRY THE CABLE GUY AND
WWE® SUPERSTAR SANTINO MARELLA​
jingle.jpg
Git-R-Done This Holiday Season as Jingle All The Way 2 Arrives on
Blu-ray™ Combo, DVD and Digital HD™ December 2
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 30, 2014) – Fill your stocking with a new holiday classic that will have the whole family laughing when Jingle All The Way 2 arrives on Blu-ray Combo, DVD and Digital HD December 2 from WWE Studios and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Comedy superstar Larry the Cable Guy and WWE Superstar Santino Marella bring laughs and holiday spirit to this second installment of the successful film franchise.
Two desperate dads compete in a no-holds-barred battle to be the best father and make this the best Christmas ever! Fun-loving, laid-back dad Larry (Larry the Cable Guy; Cars, Tooth Fairy 2) is having a bear of a time finding the perfect Christmas gift for his eight-year-old daughter, Noel. The season’s hottest toy, The Harrison Bear, is all sold out, and Noel’s new stepfather wants to keep it that way — so he can be the one to make her holiday wish come true. When Larry learns all Noel wants for Christmas is the bear, he’ll stop at nothing to make his little girl happy and get her the toy of her dreams…Co-starring WWE Superstar Santino Marella, Jingle All The Way 2 is heartwarming and hilarious fun for the whole family!

Jingle All The Way 2 is directed by Alex Zamm (Dr. Dolittle: Million Dollar Mutts, The Tooth Fairy 2) and produced by Michael Luisi (Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery, Christmas Bounty, The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age Smackdown) and Vicki Sotheran (The Sandlot 2, The Sandlot: Heading Home).
The holiday cheer continues in the Blu-ray Combo and DVD bonus features including deleted scenes, making-of featurettes, a mock Public Service Announcement from Larry and Santino advising how you can stay safe while shopping this holiday plus a special Harrison the Bear TV commercial and an exclusive interview with the hottest toy of the season.
Jingle All the Way 2 Blu-ray Combo and DVD Special Features ● Deleted Scenes ● Christmas Catastrophes ● Harrison the Bear TV Commercial ● Santa Santino ● Christmas Wishes ● Harrison the Bear: An Exclusive Interview ● Reindeer Riding at Roosters Tavern ● Black Friday PSA ● Sneak Peak
Jingle All the Way 2 Blu-ray / DVD / DHD Combo Street Date: December 2, 2014 Prebook Date: October 29, 2014 Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (1.78:1) Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA Subtitles: English / French / Spanish U.S. Rating: PG Total Film Run Time: 136 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes
Jingle All the Way 2 DVD Street Date: December 2, 2014 Prebook Date: October 29, 2014 Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (1.78:1) Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA Subtitles: English / French / Spanish U.S. Rating: PG Total Film Run Time: 136 minutes Closed Captioned: Yes

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
You have to love that joke in the press release: "this second installment of the successful film franchise."

I propose a new rule: There must be two successful films in a series before it becomes a "franchise." (There isn't even one in this case!)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Rick Thompson said:
You have to love that joke in the press release: "this second installment of the successful film franchise."
I propose a new rule: There must be two successful films in a series before it becomes a "franchise." (There isn't even one in this case!)
Yes, but it became a "franchise" after everyone bought the DVD on sale at Christmastime, thinking "Oh, look, a Christmas comedy!"
Some movies actually improve with years on disk/cable. And some just sucker a lot of gullible dopes too young to remember it flopping in theaters.

But yes, the new rule would apply to the director's previous work with LTCG on "Tooth Fairy 2".
Mike Frezon said:
Probably the exact same plot...but edgier (in a 2014 kind of way).
Oh, but he's buying the toy for his daughter, this time!
(And it's a plush toy, that's huggier by the end than an action figure, which...nobody buys today anyway. :rolleyes: )

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Mike Frezon said:
And maybe more farting jokes...
Larry the Cable Guy had to stop taking his Prilosec OTC during the filming because he's a Method actor.....

This is the cinematic equivalent of finding a turd in your stocking on Christmas morning.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
As someone who never understood the popularity of the first Jingle movie, I cannot imagine how bad this must be...

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
If Hollywood could make A Christmas Story 2, a supremely unnecessary sequel to a movie that already had a sequel MGM buried when they were going through yet another one of their bankruptcies, what made anyone think this was off-limits, other than the fact that in the case of A Christmas Story, people actually like that film?

Here's a scarier thought: Larry the Cable Guy has a link to Alfred Hitchcock by way of having done movies with Paul Newman and Julie Andrews.
moviebuff75 said:
IMO, the first one was one of the worst Christmas movies ever...the movie equivalent of a Black Friday at Walmart.
The year this came out, I rented Mame, Can't Stop the Music and Myra Breckinridge on VHS just so I could brag about having sat through them*. Not one of them was as bad as Jingle all the Way.

As for Those 90s Christmas Movies We're Supposed to Be Nostalgic For Because It's Been (or It's Approaching) 20 Years or Already: Home Alone I can do (less and less so with each sequel after Part 2). The Santa Clause I can take or leave, honestly (never saw any of the sequels). But I'd rather get a lump of coal than sit through this again. Nevertheless, this film actually wasn't that big a flop either; it came in 22nd for the year and actually beat some movies that are better than it (that opens the field pretty wide, but come on, more people bought tickets to this than Evita?). But just because people bought a ticket doesn't mean they liked it, and you can't get a refund just because you didn't like the movie. This must be getting a lot of replays on TBS.

*to whom? None of the people who knew of the films or their either toxic or practically non-existent critical reputations were people I knew personally, and likewise, no one I knew particularly cared about the outcome of the 1980 Razzies or any ceremony since then.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
moviebuff75 said:
IMO, the first one was one of the worst Christmas movies ever...the movie equivalent of a Black Friday at Walmart.
Yep, the Tickle-Me-Elmo rush was still a fresh gag at the time, or so the producers thought. :rolleyes:
(As was the very idea of doing a comedy with Schwarzenegger, even without Ivan Reitman.)

Basically, every year we have what I term the Christmas "Trepak Comedy"...Y'know, the one loud slapstick holiday-themed comedy made solely so they can blitz us with TV ads where the characters smash into things/each other, slip on the ice and fall down to the tune of the Russian Trepak dance from the Nutcracker. (QV. Home Alone 1&2, Christmas with the Kranks, the Broderick/DeVito "Deck the Halls")
The first Jingle wanted to be efficient and no-frills and cut out every OTHER reason for existence.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Christmas with the Kranks: Still holds the distinction of the worst film I've ever seen in a movie theater...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks