What's new

iPad as digital photo frame? (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ever since switching from film to digital cameras (circa 2004), I've dreamed of having good digital photo frames. I've had a few mainstream models, but they don't really scratch the itch. The screens are mediocre and I fussing with USB sticks is as bad as printing new photos for a traditional frame -- I'm still watching a loop on the living room frame from four years ago.

There was a period, sometime around 2005, when there were lots of promising high-quality photo frames coming soon, many with wireless. But they were either vapor or never materialized.

I haven't done a careful search in a few years, but my impression is that digital photo frames died a silent death. There aren't many good options.

Unless, maybe, I've got a spare iPad?

I'm soon to have a spare iPad 2. I'll get under $100 on ebay, but I don't know that I can could buy a better digital photo frame for twice that amount. It has a beautiful 10" screen, built-in photo gallery software, and live syncing via iCloud. This seems perfect. All I need to complete it is a frame facade to pretty it up and hide the power adapter.

Any suggestions? Googling has been unfruitful. I'm not excited to try and build my own; though if push comes to shove, I'll consider it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
You could go to a professional framer. Or you might go into michael's and see if they have something ready made that would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks