What's new

Spam being posted. (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Please if you see it just use the report link on the bottom of the post. It will flag it so we can quickly get to it, remove it and ban the user.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I can. Or at least the option is there when the post is highlighted.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Those buy a passport fake ID posts are annoying, the user came back today with a different name, i bet they come back tomorrow with another different name, their IP needs banned, i would also check the IP of some of these "professional" UV code sellers who are clearly businesses and changing screen names and coming back time and again to chance their luck.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
The spammers are probably working for the Secret Service. Anyone who buys a fake passport is up to something illegal. That would give the feds a mailing list for bad guys.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Adam Gregorich said:
The spammers all have different IP addresses :(
We need the Scorpion guys to look into it.

GA2pWev.jpg

andySu

Senior HTF Member
These spammers need a good flamethrower. These parasites try, to con there way to stealing money from us. A reality with my foot up their ass won't be good enough. Nah, spammers are like The Thing they need the flamethrower.

thing_trading_card_flamethrower.gif

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Maybe the time difference here in Australia means all the spam is cleared up before I see it .... I've seen only one such notice, from someone offering fake passports, degrees etc ... and I found it mildly amusing. I guess seeing this stuff all the time is a different matter!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Fake passport fraud is criminal offense with up to 10 years in prison. Well I don't think there are illegal immigrants on this site. :P

Wasn't there illegal selling of passports in Casablanca?

tumblr_m0uweiI7rA1qzatj2o3_250.gif

passport-fake.png

Not gonna get many free air-miles on that before its confiscated. :lol:

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Doesn't the run of spam in the past hour (it's nearing 100 posts as I write this) from one new account (join time is 7:01) indicate a MAJOR weakness somewhere?

Is a new account actually allowed to make 100 posts in its first hour, whether a legitimate user or a spam bot?

Why the length of time involved in shutting it down?

And with the owner/friend indicator at the top of the page having mysteriously vanished the last time something happened, I have no idea if anyone's around to stop it, even though I sent a report half an hour ago -- and I'm sure I'm far from being alone in sending the reports.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Charles Smith said:
Doesn't the run of spam in the past hour (it's nearing 100 posts as I write this) from one new account (join time is 7:01) indicate a MAJOR weakness somewhere?
It can be difficult stopping this without causing issues for other users, having said that i do believe forum software allows you to limit new users on sign up, if the IP keeps changing then they are using a proxy server or a VPN service, i use the latter myself to get around restrictions from viewing content in another country, for example Netflix USA as opposed to Netflix UK.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I wonder if there is just a way that freezes any setting up of new accounts on the site for the time being? Esp if they are creating muitlples. An why hit this site no offense to other sites out there but I think every one this site are too smart to even want to read a post of theirs haha

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Powell&Pressburger said:
I think every one this site are too smart to even want to read a post of theirs haha
It's hard for me to believe there is anyone left in the whole damned WORLD who can be tricked into clicking or calling some phone number in response to anything like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks