What's new

Twin Peaks returns in 2016 on Showtime (2 Viewers)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Wow - can't wait for this. So many questions....casting....story..
And Lynch to direct all nine ? Couldn't ask for more really - well a certain Agent Cooper needs casting and then I will be happy.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Simon Massey said:
Wow - can't wait for this. So many questions....casting....story..
And Lynch to direct all nine ? Couldn't ask for more really - well a certain Agent Cooper needs casting and then I will be happy.
Yep, more details:
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/twin-peaks-revival-to-air-on-showtime-in-2016-1201322329/
Twin Peaks,” the ABC series that was a forerunner of today’s offbeat serialized cable dramas, is coming back to life with nine new episodes to air on Showtime in 2016.
Series creators David Lynch and Mark Frost are working away on the scripts, with Lynch planning to direct all nine episodes. The episodes are expected to bow in early 2016, which would coincide with the 25th anniversary of the show’s demise after two seasons on ABC in 1990 and 1991.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
So, are they going to be even loonier than the second season, causing said demise?

(That was BEFORE Wild at Heart. What we're getting after Fire Walk With Me and Mulholland Drive, I literally can't even imagine... :blink: )

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
The new third season of Twin Peaks: This time, EVERYBODY screams! :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ejanss said:
So, are they going to be even loonier than the second season, causing said demise?

(That was BEFORE Wild at Heart. What we're getting after Fire Walk With Me and Mulholland Drive, I literally can't even imagine... :blink: )
Have you seen Inland Empire? That one makes Lost Highway and Mulholland Dr. look linearly and clearly told stories. :)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Favourite show of all time returning. That's amazing. Cooper: Wanna know why I'm whittling?Truman: OK, I'll bite. Why are you whittling?Cooper: Because that's what you do in a town where a yellow light still means slow down, not speed up.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
This is exciting news! I wonder how they are going to handle certain aspects of the show when some original cast members are no longer with us.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oliver Ravencrest said:
This is exciting news! I wonder how they are going to handle certain aspects of the show when some original cast members are no longer with us.
The 'good' thing is that presumably 25 years have passed in the town too so it makes sense that some folks have died or moved away in that time.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
TravisR said:
The 'good' thing is that presumably 25 years have passed in the town too so it makes sense that some folks have died or moved away in that time.
I was thinking more about residents of the Black Lodge, without giving away anything to new viewers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks