What's new

Help troubleshooting stereo setup (1 Viewer)

dustin__carroll

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
Hi There,

I just obtained an older speaker system and I am having issues hooking them up. It is a Bose acoustimass 10 hooking up through a Sony STR-DE715 receiver. At this point I am simply trying to get a record player hooked up to the system.

Right now, I can only get sound to come through the subwoofer unit and the front right speaker. I did a quick diagram of the system hookups, the link is below.

I believe the acoustimass unit works, when I hook up the right speaker up to all 5 of the channels in the woofer, I get sound in the speaker. Other speakers produce zero sound when hooked to the woofer. I cut the speaker wire on one of the speakers that was not producing any sound, and hooked the stripped wire directly into the receiver. The speaker produced sound but it was quiet.

Any advice or other things to try is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1KtwF2xsm4uIUL7X3_geifvoY_21R7T79Us2qpMc2r94/edit

dustin__carroll

Auditioning
Real Name
Erik
Thanks. Unfortunately there isn't much of a budget for a new system, so I was trying to get anything I could out of what I have. I realize it isn't a great setup, or probably even average, but I was just looking for any advice on getting the speakers hooked up.

It seems the problem may be with the receiver. All of the speakers are working when hooked up to Right front speaker A or B, but none of the other outputs produce sound. I've adjusted the balance, but all that does is turn the right speakers off when you aim the balance 100% left.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
New AVR at Accessories4less are under $200. One or two under $150.Perusing your local craigslist might yield something as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks