What's new

Once Upon a Time - Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It felt a little bandwagony that they went that all in on Frozen, but I have to admit that the actress they got for Elsa couldn't be more perfect. She looks like the cartoon come to life. Anna and Kristoff seem to be nicely cast as well. It was a pretty good start, though the need to drag Regina back and forth between evil and redemption every season is getting old.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Greg_S_H said:
It felt a little bandwagony that they went that all in on Frozen, but I have to admit that the actress they got for Elsa couldn't be more perfect. She looks like the cartoon come to life. Anna and Kristoff seem to be nicely cast as well. It was a pretty good start, though the need to drag Regina back and forth between evil and redemption every season is getting old.
I have felt that about Regina since season two. The ratings were the best since early season two, so the Frozen magic clearly came through for them. I agree that the casting, especially for Elsa, was perfection.

But there are so many characters on the show now with interesting situational stories that the need for some big bad villain every half season really seems silly now. I'd be much more interested to see how the stories of Belle/Rumple, Emma/Hook, Robin/Marian/Regina would grow and develop without needing them to rally around some mammoth cause and fight all the time.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
We own the first three seasons of this wonderful series on DVD. My oldest daughter and her two best friends watch (and discuss) this show just about every day on Facebook. I've only seen the first two seasons, so Peter Pan and other interesting story lines await me. During some of their third-season viewing, I was upstairs one evening at the computer. I had decided that I didn't want to watch this season before I had finished season two. All of a sudden, I hear about six very loud screams from downstairs when it was revealed that Rumple was alive. :)

I knew early on that I would love Belle, as I like just about everything Emilie de Ravin has been in thus far. But the character that has really grown on me throughout the first two seasons is Regina. I loved her, hated her, and now am pulling for her again. It's interesting when writers can develop a character that can evoke so many emotions in me while watching a series. I also have a soft spot for Aurora, and Gold / Rumple is just so good at what he does that I am pretty much captivated by his every scene.

Many of my children are dressing up as characters from this series for Halloween. My eldest daughter is going as Belle. Her favorite character is Rumple but she didn't want to be a 'dude' (her words) for Halloween. We also have an Elsa, an Aurora, and a Hook, and one of our daughters' friends is going as Red. It should be a lot of fun for them!

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
So, in #5, "Breaking Glass", who else caught David's sarcastic remark about a portal to Asgard and it's double meaning related to actor Josh Dallas?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Musical episode airing this Sunday May 7th. Here is a backstage video. Some mild spoilers.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Boy, this thread just dropped off, didn't it. Only to rise again,

Someone else doing a "musical" episode.

It's been 16 years since Buffy started it...

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
One of the better musical episodes and a great episode of Once. Next week is season and possibly series finale.

I think the announcement that Jennifer Morrison is leaving the show at the end of the season is actually a reason to believe the show is close to renewal. There would be no need to announce she leaving if the show is close to cancellation. If it is cancelled later this week fans would blame her, in part, for the cancellation. Why do that to the actor.

Last edited:

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
"Started"????

Okay, so, technically, Zena: Warrior Princess had a "musical episode" in 1998, but I never watched that show so it had no impact on me. Buffy's was in 2001, and it seemed like every show had to have one after that - Gray's Anatomy, Scrubs, That 70's Show, Community, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Psych, Fringe, 7th Heaven, a whole series called Glee...and more recently, The Flash, and now Once Upon A Time...

Of course, most of the shows above are comedies, and I think easier to pull off than the dramas - thought some worked fine.

Not that there were never any other "musical" episodes in the history of TV prior to that - The Simpsons did it all the time, and even Gilligan's Island sort of had one - there just seemed to be a marked increase after Buffy's "Once More With Feeling".

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
3 hours of Once on Sunday 5/14. One hour special at 7 PM EDT where the cast talks about their favorite episodes and 2 2 hour season / series finale. Show has been renewed for Season 7 but with a reset with only Regina, Rumple, and Hook returning as regulars along with new characters.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Preview clip from Season 6 season finale.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Wow I seem to bre talking to myself on this thread and not very often.
Anyway the show is ending with tSeason 7 and it has been confirmed that forner cast members will be back for the finale.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/onc...odwin-josh-dallas-emilie-de-ravin-1202732727/

Once Upon a Time’ Series Finale to Bring Back Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin
By Joe Otterson
@JoeOtterson
Joe Otterson

jennifer-morrison-ginnifer-goodwin.jpg

CREDIT: COURTESY OF ABC
Once Upon a Time” is bringing back a host of familiar faces for the show’s upcoming series finale.

Former “Once Upon a Time” stars Jennifer Morrison, Ginner Goodwin, Josh Dallas, and Emilie de Ravin have all been confirmed to return for the show’s final episode, which is set to air on May 18.

All four of the actors departed the ABC fairy tale series after its sixth season. Morrison played Emma Swan in the series, while Goodwin played Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard. Dallas starred as Prince Charming/David Nolan, and de Ravin played Belle/Lacey.

The four are the latest former cast members to book returns for the show’s finale. Previously, Tony Amendola, Lee Arenberg, JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Robbie Kay, Sean Maguire, Victoria Smurfit, Keegan Tracy, Beverley Elliott, and Jared Gilmore were all confirmed to appear in the final two episodes.

This show is one of the few or maybe only current ABC show where all seasons to date have been released on blu ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks