What's new

A/V Home Theatre or Sony/Philips/LG Home Theatre (1 Viewer)

Flynn123

Auditioning
Real Name
Ronish
Hi,

After reviewing Yamaha /JBL/Pioneer Home Theatre vs Philips/LG/Samsung/Sony 5.1 tall boy home theatres ,totally got confused in making a decision.

Does it really required to have separate A/V receiver HT packages instead of going for new age HTIB's ( LG/Samsung) .
The features available in Philips/LG/Samsung/Sony are quite impressive .

I have list down few models of each Brand. Please assist me in deciding the best one.

I have 3D blue ray player along with 3D Smart LED TV ,advise me in selecting the best HT for 300sq feet Hall.

Sony- Sony-BDV-N9200W
Philips- HTB5570D/94,HTB5540D/94
LG - bh7540t
Samsung - htf5550k / htf6550w

Yamaha - yht-299
Harmon-kardon-avr70-audio-video-receiver-with jbl-cinema-510
Pioneer - HTP rs 33 /HTP R2V

Budget not exceeding 800 $ USD

Thanks

Flynn

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
If you have $800 and a 3D Blu-Ray player then why would you want a HTiB? The point of those is to get the AVR and some sort of disc player into one cheap unit with some cheap speakers. You my friend don't need that.

First off where are you in the world as I'm seeing a lot of asia links when searching these models. That would help as different areas have different models/brands and pricing.

If I were you I would find a nice AVR and some decent quality speakers since you already have a Blu-Ray player. The only thing that even close is the Pioneer HTP RS 33 or the HTP R2V. The HK/JBL is actually ok but the full range speakers have me concerned. It's the same thing with the Yamaha set...full range speakers. At least the last three you listed have an AVR and are prepacks vs a true HTiB. So you're on the right track there but could probably do better if you gave us more to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks