What's new

2014-15 MLB Hot Stove League (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Lot's of off-season changes have already taken place.

The Twin's fired Ron Gardenhire, he shouldn't have a problem getting a job if he wants one. Perhaps he'll end up with the D-Backs.

I have heard Dusty Baker mentioned as another candidate for the D-Backs also.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was a little bittersweet to see homegrown talent, Jason Heyward, get traded away from the Braves, but he just never hit consistently enough after a promising rookie season. I had no idea he was 6'5" tall.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Not thrilled with the recent Cardinals moves. Trading away Allen Craig, Joe Kelly and now Shelby Miller for what they got in exchange doesn't seem like a good deal for them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think these are good moves for the Sox (taking on Panda and bringing back Hanley). Truthfully, I haven't followed their careers that closely, them being in the NL. But I've been getting caught up and the more I read the more I think these are going to be two exciting players to watch.

Word now is that being loaded up on position players they may be able to free up some pitching with some horse trades. Goodness knows they need some quality pitching or all the runs in the world aren't going to do any good.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Sandoval made the right move, he's probably gotten all there is out of SF and long term moving to the American League is the correct move.
Now if he continues to produce in the field and more importantly at the plate he can hang around until the Sox's DH position becomes available and take that over.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Patrick_S said:
Sandoval made the right move, he's probably gotten all there is out of SF and long term moving to the American League is the correct move.
Now if he continues to produce in the field and more importantly at the plate he can hang around until the Sox's DH position becomes available and take that over.
Seems logical to me.

Especially if he continues to grow wider and wider and... :biggrin:

He could be the next Mo Vaughn...or George Scott.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
It probably will come as a surprise to you but for the most of his career Babe Ruth was in excellent shape. He was one of the few baseball players of his era that actually did nothing but baseball. He had personal trainers and trained all year round.Most people only seem to remember the Ruth of the last years of his career where he had gained weight but that is not the shape he was in for most of his career.
With no apologies to Willlie Mays, Ruth was the greatest baseball player there has ever been and probably the greatest player there will ever be.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Only one MLB player has ever died from a getting hit by a pitched ball. It was pre batting helmet days.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I couldn't get the video to play...but I'm surprised to read all the different articles about how dangerous cricket is for the batsmen. They say the pitches can come in at 90 mph...but it has never looked that way from the few samples of the game that I've seen. And don't the pitches actually bounce before they reach the batters?

Horrible event for the game, I'm sure.

I've always been kind of surprised that MLB hasn't had more severe problems with pitched balls and only the death of Ray Chapman.

It seems like cricket had really bent over backward to protect their batsmen.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
crickets.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks