What's new

Home Theatre setup (1 Viewer)

Kishore Kondragunta

Auditioning
Hi I am thinking of getting the HT setup in my living room. Please ahead some light based on your experiences.

Receiver: I am looking for 7.1 Thinking about ONKYO or DENON? Any suggestions on Model and preference between D and O?
In Ceiling speakers: Looking at Speakercraft AIM7 THREE. TWO IS about 25% less expensive over THREE. what is your recommendation?

Subwoofer: Recommendation please.

2 outdoor speakers: Recommendation please.

Appreciate your time.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Where are you located? What is your budget? How large is the room your HT will be in? Are you going to permanently mount the speakers outdoors?

Kishore Kondragunta

Auditioning
ArmSC said:
Where are you located? What is your budget? How large is the room your HT will be in? Are you going to permanently mount the speakers outdoors?
Hi,
i am in Fremont, CA.
Looking for around 2K for everything.
The room is about 20 feet X 40 feet. Have the in celling provisions for the 5 speakers.
Yes, I am planning to mount the 2 outdoor speakers under the roof outdoors.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I'm going to pass on the ceiling speaker commentary...I've never messed with them. What are you looking for in the outdoor speakers? Just something to put some noise in the back yard or are you looking for party speakers?

Kishore Kondragunta

Auditioning
OK. I did went to Best buy over the weekend and here is what I came up with.
Want to go inclining as I have provisions there and want to avoid the living room clutter with side speakers.
Outside speakers, just to listen to some music, songs when enjoying the outdoor time, not like dance music and stuff.

5 in ceiling speakers ---Speakercraft AIM7 TWO in celiling speakers. as these have tweeters where you can change the direction.
Receiver - Denon - 1295W 7.2-Ch. 4K Ultra HD and 3D Pass-Through A/V Home Theater Receiver, Model: AVR-X2100WSub woofer - Definitive Technology - SuperCube 4000 8" 1200-Watt Powered Subwoofer, Model: SC4000 Outdoor speakers - Definitive Technology - 6-1/2" Indoor/Outdoor Speaker - Black, Model: AW6500BLA

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Those DT's you picked out for your outdoor use look good to me. They are nice and efficient with good frequency response.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Except for Zu and Bag End(those two make nothing "cheap") and Salk(they use Rythmik internals/drivers to make spec to your needs subs)Every one of those is a better option.If you want something to match, say a 17th century maple writing desk...and are willing to write a "blank check"...give Salk a call.I had a customer get an entire Salk set done to go in a 16th century rosewood adorned room. The speakers(5 and a sub) cost $340,000. The veneer for the speakers...at "Salk cost" was $150,000.

Kishore Kondragunta

Auditioning
schan1269 said:
Except for Zu and Bag End(those two make nothing "cheap") and Salk(they use Rythmik internals/drivers to make spec to your needs subs)Every one of those is a better option.If you want something to match, say a 17th century maple writing desk...and are willing to write a "blank check"...give Salk a call.I had a customer get an entire Salk set done to go in a 16th century rosewood adorned room. The speakers(5 and a sub) cost $340,000. The veneer for the speakers...at "Salk cost" was $150,000.
I am with the budget range of 400-700 for the sub. What are the best available options out there?

vidiot33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I'd definitely include Rythmik on the subwoofer list. They go low with plenty of nuance, and you should be able to find a model in your price range. Remember, regardless of what you get, proper positioning is critical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks