What's new

The Monkees (Super Deluxe Edition) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I may spring for this as I love their music and watched their show faithfully back in the day. :)

The previous special edition had most of this, but the Davy album in stereo is a nice addition. And the addition of the Michael Blessing material is especially nice.

Product Description

• 3 CDs, 100 tracks• 45 previously unreleased tracks, outtakes, rarities, demos, and more• The Monkees debut album remastered in mono and stereo• Solo recordings by Davy Jones and Michael Nesmith• Full color booklet featuring an essay and liner notes by Monkees historian Andrew Sandoval• Available November 11, 2014Rhino Handmade takes you back to where The Monkees story all began with THE MONKEES (SUPER DELUXE EDITION)! Packed with a jumbo-sized 100 tracks (45 previously unreleased!) over 3 CDs, the first disc features the spectacular original album remastered in both mono and stereo, including the debut single, “Last Train to Clarksville,” show favorite “(Theme From) The Monkees,” and the raw romper "Tomorrow's Gonna Be Another Day," with 12 bonus tracks that feature unreleased versions, alternative tracks, and TV & radio spots.Comprised entirely of previously unreleased tracks on the second disc, ‘Sessions’ features rare and unheard recordings – 31 in total. Some highlights include the master backing tracks for “Let’s Dance On,” “This Just Doesn’t Seem To Be My Day,” and “Tomorrow’s Gonna Be Another Day.” The disc also features several alternate versions of songs from the debut album, including an alternate vocal take by Michael Nesmith on “The Kind of Girl I Could Love,” several versions of “I Wanna Be Free,” rehearsal tracks, and much more!The final disc takes us back to the beginning of Davy Jones’ career, with his solo debut album recorded a year before the Monkees, ‘David Jones.’Davy’s classic pop album is presented in both mono and stereo, featuring “What Are We Going To Do?,” “Baby It’s Me,” “It Ain’t Me Babe,” and more. The box set also features bonus single tracks by both Davy Jones and Michael Blessing (AKA Michael Nesmith)! The disc is wrapped up with four demo tracks of The Monkees, “I Wanna Be Free.”Strictly limited to 4,000 individually numbered boxes, THE MONKEES (SUPER DELUXE EDITION) is another unique entry in the Monkees reissue series. Ships in November 2014, and is available now for pre-order exclusively at Monkees.com. This box is not available at any other retailer or online store and is certain to sell out, so reserve your copy today. Release Date: November 11, 2014

http://monkeesstore.warnermusic.com/the-monkees-super-deluxe-edition.html

Mark-N

Auditioning
Ordered this the moment I got the announcement from Rhino (though I'd known about it for months). I havea
the other Monkees Super Deluxe Editions, and they're great. Who'd have thought that the ball Rhino started
rolling in 1986 would still be going strong with releases like these (loaded with never-before heard material)
almost 30 years later?

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
I atill don't undertsand why they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame..the individual songs (For Pete's Sake, Randy Scouse Git) are better than many groups in there!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm tempted for this one. That said, I did spring for the The Monkees In Mono vinyl boxset. It just arrived so I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
An update from the Monkees site on this set:

"Here's a sight to behold! We've unboxed the upcoming MONKEES (SUPER DELUXE EDITION) 3CD box set, and we couldn't be more excited. Each CD in the set – the remastered debut album, the unreleased compilation "Sessions," and the third disc of Davy and Michael's solo projects – comes in it's own beautifully replicated album art slipcase. And, the full color booklet and essay gives you a behind-the-scenes story of the beginning of The Monkees! Individually numbered, limited quantities remain."

10375481_954676867882688_6645641726304044870_n.jpg

http://monkeesstore.warnermusic.com/the-monkees-super-deluxe-edition.html

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
phillyrobt said:
I atill don't undertsand why they aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame..the individual songs (For Pete's Sake, Randy Scouse Git) are better than many groups in there!
There are a lot of lousy artists in the Rock Hall of Fame. I think that they should stop inductions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks