What's new

3D Sin City - A Dame to Kill For 3D - Region B Steel Book Preorder (1 Viewer)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
10985782-1411132958-202942.jpg

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/sin-city-2-a-dame-to-kill-for-3d-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-includes-2d/10985782.html

It's exclusive to British retailer Zavvi right now. With a December 15th release date.

Amazon.co.uk only has preorders available for the 2D version.

So far, no word about a US release date for either 2D or 3D versions.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully the fiasco with "Step Up All In" is an isolated incident for Lionsgate, as their support for 3D has otherwise been excellent. Will buy the US release right away provided it happens, if not then at least I'll still have this option. (Apparently Universal is handling Step Up in Europe and releasing it in 3D there.)

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
[For the USA] I've seen the some of the tech specs. They only list BLURAY and DVD. However, BestBuy's Steelbook is for 3D Bluray.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So I guess I'm getting it from best buy.

I loved this film in 3D.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The cover art on the Amazon.com version (doesn't look like an exclusive to me) mentions 3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD. Could be temp art, or just a quiet 3D release. Guess we'll see. This is one I missed in theaters that I want to catch in 3D.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Jesse Skeen said:
Hopefully the fiasco with "Step Up All In" is an isolated incident for Lionsgate, as their support for 3D has otherwise been excellent. Will buy the US release right away provided it happens, if not then at least I'll still have this option. (Apparently Universal is handling Step Up in Europe and releasing it in 3D there.)
This will be a Starz/Anchor Bay release in North America, as TWC/Dimension has a distribution deal with them for all home media.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
I bought this for 8 bucks on Ebay.
LINKI enjoyed watching this at home much more than I did watching it in the theater.Part of this has to do with the fact that the picture looks so much better on my plasma than it does in a theater. The inky blacks and bright whites of the plasma screen complement the neo-noir atmosphere.The best way to watch this movie is watch it like you're watching a cartoon. The characters aren't real. They are superficial characters in a superficial world. Sit back and relax and not try to ask too many questions. That's easier for me to do at home in my lazyboy than at the theater.As far as the 3D goes, I love it. 3D add extra cinematic dimensionality to black and white films without having to shoot in color. There is some crosstalk, but it only seems to affect inanimate objects in the background, so it's easy to ignore.

Rob Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
(Region A release) While the 3D characters mostly looked good and sometimes really good, the backgrounds when out of focus had very distracting ghosting on some objects and brick walls etc. A lot of times was like a dirty, smeary or cloudy look floating between the actors and the background.

ToddJ

Second Unit
does anyone know if the digital download has an iTunes download version or is it only UltraViolet? Also, (other than the steelbook) were there any exclusives to different stores?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks