What's new

Bones Season 10 (1 Viewer)

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Well the ending was a shocker. Bones is a show my wife and I have on our must-watch list although it doesn't seem to be breaking any new grounds. I hope the current story line does not go on too many episodes. Bones has been one of the worst shows that I can remember when it comes to "super-villains". They always seem to have disappointing resolutions. Daisy coming back was a double surprise. Having the government agents come in to take the bones wasn't and neither was the response to that by Jack.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Holy crackers! That ending came out of left field.

I've been considering dropping this show from the rotation for the past few years, but I still enjoy the cast so I guess I'm in for another season. I would agree that the handling of some of the villains have been problematic. The two most egregious cases for me involved the treatment of Zack's character back in Season 3, and the show's way, way too long fascination with Christopher Pelant - who exhibited omniscient capabilities that really stretched the bounds of credibility.

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, the ending was a shocker to be sure, but I'm guessing if this new FBI cohort of Booth's is going to be around for awhile, the show needed to cut the budget, and Sweets was the most expendable. I'm assuming Carla Gallo is pregnant in real life (that didn't look like a fake pregnancy) and they worked that into this ludicrous story with Sweets (last time we saw Sweets in season 9, he was romancing the cocky new female intern; no mention of her last night).

I found the entire cliffhanger from last year and extending into this year's premiere wildly absurd. The FBI sent three men in full body armor to (according to them) serve Booth a subpoena, completely obliterated his house, and the FBI arrests Booth for killing them (conveniently forgetting that he was protecting himself)? Even with a burned house, there would be evidence of the firefight that went on there (Tempe was a witness) not to mention neighbors who would have seen and heard what was going on. The whole scenario doesn't ring true at all for me, but I guess they now have a (likely) season long search to exterminate the rats inside the FBI.

[amended later this morning] Reading an interview with Hart Hanson, John Francis Daley was written out because he was going to be busy on a movie shoot and would only have been available sporadically all season, so they thought it better to just give him a great farewell and move on. And Carla Gallo is pregnant in real life.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Has anyone read/heard if this is, indeed, the last season? I read it somewhere where they thought it was, but no definite answer. I hope it is. It's really worn thin.

I still haven't watched last season's finale, so I'm not completely up to speed. A little surprised with Sweets' death, but he was never one of my favorite characters (my wife was sad which surprised me more; didn't think she cared for him much). I just hope they take advantage and revert Booth back to pre-season 3 form where he was the intuitive one; the one who could identify motive and peoples' patterns. Sweets really robbed him of that.

(Oh, and I know it's a longshot, but bring Zach back, or at least bring him on-screen resolution)

I'll still try to catch it, but it's long past 'must watch'.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It really depends on the ratings (and last week's was reliably steady from last season's averages against very difficult competition). In the bonus feature from the latest box set, both stars said they still enjoyed the work and would be on board as long as the network wanted them (though I, too, have heard rumblings that David really wants to move on).

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
It always felt weird, with Apatow's mission to turn everyone from Freaks and Geeks into a comedy movie mega-star, that John Francis Daley found a stable spot on a network crime procedural. Up there with Ice-T spending the last 15 years playing a network procedural police officer.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Bones, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory and several others. Many shows seem to have changed this season. Maybe they've just been on for so long they're setting things up for cancellation?

NCIS is hanging in there, enjoying the New Orleans version, but many other long running shows seem to be quietly winding down.

To bad CSI didn't go away a few years ago. Ted Danson and Elizabeth Shue have completely ruined that show. Everything they do looks like they're "acting", nothing seems natural at all. Still a somewhat decent show, but they are just the wrong people for those roles.

Actually kind of liked Pelant. My favorite villain, which they teased is with for years was "The Gravedigger". But in the end, she lost her head in a rather shocking moment.

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
This gambling plot line is PONDEROUS.

When you tack on the product placement and the government sponsored talking points, it's tough to pick out the glimpses of what was fun about the show any more.

The distractions have become the focus.

Pity, as the new red head squint is trying her darnedest to inject some life back into the show.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I have not been a fan of the gambling story arc inserted to give some artificial conflict between Booth and Bones to rouse them out of their happy marriage.

But the build-up to Aubrey falling for the newest intern was so predictable (she flirted with him shamelessly when she was introduced last season), and the show seems determined to link every male in the cast with some female member of the cast as if they couldn't have a life away from the Jeffersonian. I wish they would think outside the box a little more when it comes to personal relationships.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Booth needs a good shave. He's not male model handsome enough to carry off that look, he comes off more like a hobo who jumped off a train.

I miss Sweets. He was somewhat annoying but fit in well. Aubrey is major annoying, a quick death to his character would be wonderful. :D

John Lee_275604

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Lee
Matt Hough said:
Yes, I have not been a fan of the gambling story arc inserted to give some artificial conflict between Booth and Bones to rouse them out of their happy marriage.

The artificial conflict is one level of fail. But the re-re-re-retreading of the same tired gambling addict into XX Anonymous after one slip up, in denial and refusing to cooperate, story line has only been told eleventy billion times on network TV already. And truthfully the only one that did a damn bit of good with it is NYPD Blue, because it was low-played as an underlying current in Sipowicz's life over the course of a decade.

Whether it's Mom, or Dear John, where group is the center of the show, or Rescue Me, Dexter, In Plain Sight, and Life, where it's a major plot component, or even Elementary where it's a central aspect of the central character, sometimes I feel like I spend half my leisure life 'in a meeting' even though I'm clean as a whistle.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Matt Hough said:
But the build-up to Aubrey falling for the newest intern was so predictable (she flirted with him shamelessly when she was introduced last season),

Aubrey wasn't around last season. I think she was hitting on Sweets.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Can't believe they're teasing us with these major character moves. Angela/BugBoy has apparently been resolved. And 4+ billion dollars recovered, oh well, just give it away. These shows are obviously fiction, but how about a touch of reality?

Bones leaving? Ridiculous. She's the star of the show, never going to happen.

Glad that Michael Grant Terry is showing up more often, one of the better actors they've had as interns. Maybe now that he's a "contractor" might show up a lot more in the future.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, the season finale did not thrill me. Giving away that money wholesale was absurd. How about setting up a scholarship program for science enthusiasts or computer programmers or budding artists to get an education for free? Just one possibility. And think of the equipment he could buy for the lab and write it off as a charitable contribution?

The show's creator/producer admitted that Bones and Booth will be returning to the Jeffersonian because at this late stage of the show's life, Fox is not going to spring for building an entirely new set for the show which will likely run only one more season.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
Apparently, they had a cliffhanger version of the finale ready to go.

But then they didn't get the quick pick up, so they rewrote it to work as a potential series finale.

Thank goodness they got renewed, because that episode as it aired would have been a less than stellar series finale. If they had gotten the word earlier in the season and done a proper send off, then I'm sure that would work.

But they really should be wrapping it up with season 11. They really were hitting it on the head several times this season, pointing out that they've been dealing with murders and dead bodies for 10 years.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Matt Hough said:
The show's creator/producer admitted that Bones and Booth will be returning to the Jeffersonian because at this late stage of the show's life, Fox is not going to spring for building an entirely new set for the show which will likely run only one more season.

Chip_HT said:
But they really should be wrapping it up with season 11. They really were hitting it on the head several times this season, pointing out that they've been dealing with murders and dead bodies for 10 years.

This may very well end up happening. Apparently the stars/producer/etc ... are suing Fox.

https://deadline.com/2015/11/bones-lawsuit-david-boreanaz-emily-deschanel-fox-barry-josephson-1201647064/

This can't be good for renewal prospects.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
My guess is if the stars, producers, etc ... believe that season 11 will be the last season anyways, then they have no incentive anymore to keep their mouths shut.

Perhaps this is why we're seeing these lawsuits launched this past week or so?

(ie. Don't bite the hand that feeds, until you believe the hand will no longer be there).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks