What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-23-2014 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

– Neighbors – 2014

– Cast (How I Met Your Mother – 2005/2014)

– Elmer Gantry – 1960

– Roman Polanski's Macbeth – 1971

– Run Silent, Run Deep – 1958

– South of St. Louis – 1949

The Prices
Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
Big Sleep, The [1978]   $9.99
Bloody Mama   $17.98
Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season One   $29.99 $26.99
Daisy: A Hen in the Wild   $17.98
Daniel Boone: Complete Series $103.46
Defiance: Season Two   $50.98 $32.99
Distant Drums $22.98
Elmer Gantry   $10.99
Guess How Much I Love You: Autumn's Here   $12.98
How I Met Your Mother – The Whole Story   $139.99
How I Met Your Mother: Season 9   $14.99 $14.99
The Innocents [Criterion Collection]   $25.46
Key & Peele: Season 3 $20.68
L.A. Law:  Season 3    $16.38
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit – The Fifteenth Year   $38.23
Mama's Family:  The Complete 5th Season    $25.49
Mama's Family:  The Complete Collection    $189.99
Mama's Family: The Complete Collection -- Signature Set $289.99
Modern Family:  The Complete Fifth Season     $29.99 $19.99 $19.99
Mom:  The Complete First Season    $29.99
Nashville: The Complete Second Season   $34.96 $29.99
Necessary Roughness: Season Three   $29.73
Neighbors   $17.99 $16.99 $16.99
The Rover   $12.99
Roman Polanski's Macbeth [Criterion Collection]  $24.99
Royal Pains: Season Five   $33.98
Run Silent Run Deep   $10.99
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection   $16.98
Scandal: The Complete Third Season   $32.99 $32.99 $29.99
The Signal   $17.99
South of St. Louis   $22.98
Taras Bulba   $10.99
Tom and Jerry Show, The:  Season 1, Part 1    $17.78
Very Good Girls   $21.23
Wer   $16.98
Where's the Fair? $14.95
The Young Savages   $10.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
Bloody Mama    $25.46
Defiance: Season Two   $59.48 $37.99
Distant Drums $27.98
Elmer Gantry   $17.49
Exorcist II: The Heretic    $15.29
Exorcist III, The    $15.28
Exorcist: The Beginning    $15.29
The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology   $28.79
Firestorm   $17.98
Halloween: The Complete Collection    $109.99
The Innocents [Criterion Collection]  $33.96
Key and Peele:  Season 3      $22.49
Neighbors [Combo Pack]   $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
Roman Polanski’s Macbeth [Criterion Collection]   $33.96
The Rover   $16.99
Run Silent Run Deep   $17.49
Saw: The Complete Movie Collection   $24.99
The Signal   $22.99
South of St. Louis    $27.98
Taras Bulba   $17.49
Very Good Girls   $27.98
The Young Savages   $17.49

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--At Best Buy, this week, BIG SAVINGS on this week's release of Neighbors.  Purchase ANY TV release $14.99 and up AND Neibors (any format) and get the following prices on Neighbors:  $4.99 DVD/$9.99 Blu.  Regular prices listed in grid above.  ALSO, Best Buy has EXCLUSIVE FREE Mini Red Party Cups with eithger the DVD or Blu purchase of Neighbors.  $4.99 when sold separately.  

--Best Buy, this week, continues it's deal to SAVE 15% when you buy two (or 25% when you buy three!) TV titles $14.99 and up.  This deal continues through 9-27-14. New TV titles in the grid above--which meet the criteria--are eligible, as are the following titles shown in this week's flyer:

$12.99:  How I Met Your Mother: Seasons 1-2, 6-8 (DVD) (apiece).

$14.99:  Modern Family: Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (apiece).

$16.99:  Scandal: S1 (DVD).

$19.99:  Scandale: S2 (DVD).

$29.99:  Defiance: S1 (Blu)

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  None to report.

--Target this week has an EXCLUSIVE RELEASE of Neighbors.  Includes bonus DVD with 30 minutes of exclusive content:  Writing & Directing the Madness (9:18); I'm In! (alternate takes) (3:46); Teddy Sanders--Past, Present and Beyond.

--Target is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE with its copies of Nashville: Season 2--two downloadable bonus tracks. 

--Target has the following recent releases on sale this week:

$12.99:  Draft Day (DVD)
$14.99:  The Fault in Our Stars (DVD), The Other Woman (DVD).
$17.99:  Lone Survivor (Blu Combo Pack).

--Target is offering a FREE $5 Target Gift Card (with movie delivery) when you pre-order any of the following  titles:  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers: Age of Extinction, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Maleficent.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike, and thanks for the links to the reviews.

I have The Rover here, but the arrival of the Twilight Time releases kind of put me behind schedule to get the review up before you posted the RoundUp. I hope to have it up Monday or Tuesday.

Alas, I did request Modern Family, but the odds aren't good for Fox to send it (even on DVD relegated from Blu-ray for its first four years on the air). Fingers crossed anyway.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for the Roundup, but nothing for me this week. $29.99 as the lowest price for Scandal is utterly unacceptable; last year, season 2 was $19.99 on its release week and it had more episodes. So I will wait for a price drop.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A huge week for Crawdaddy. On vacation this week and will enjoy the following titles starting on Tuesday:

Distant Drums
Elmer Gantry
Run Silent, Run Deep
South of St. Louis
Taras Bulba
The Young Savages

Needless to say, I preordered some of them at a cheaper price point than what they're showing now.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'll be picking up Run Silent, Run Deep and South of St. Louis (a blind buy---partially thanks to Crawdaddy's praise for it) either this week or in the near future.

Clay_E

Second Unit
Nothing for me this week--I'd' have bought Modern Family if it were on Blu-Ray (having supported it on that format thus far), but not buying it on DVD. Very tempted by the HIMYM box set, but just can't afford it right now.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up the Halloween set and probably Neighbors this week.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine took a little while to get going (like most shows) but it quickly turned into one of the funniest shows on TV. Whether you get the DVD or just watch the new episodes, it's well worth checking out.
Clay_E said:
Very tempted by the HIMYM box set, but just can't afford it right now.
That definitely seems like the type of thing you'll see on sale in late November or December.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike. I have Elmer Gantry on the way from Amazon, and may eventually upgrade my DVD of Exorcist 3 - - the only sequel in the series I care for.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Mike! Just Neighbors for me, probably at Target for the exclusive since all prices are equal. I usually buy from Amazon to give the HTF credit, but I do make exceptions when a box store has an exclusive and prices are the same.

Originally was going to give it a pass, but a friend who has much finickier tastes in comedy than I do (I love low-brow, high-brow, heck any-brow comedies) said it was hilarious. So now I have to pick it up sight-unseen. :D

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Man, I am so torn over that Halloween set! I am a total whore for cheesy 80's slasher flicks - and I will freely admit that the genre is kind of stupid and repetitive. But I just cant pull the trigger on that set. The incredibly sharp drop off in quality after Season of the Witch is too dramatic. And no, I don't mean bad in a so-good-it's-bad, still entertaining way. The Halloween flicks just get not-fun. And then you add in the Zombie remakes, movies that make me want to punch him in the damn face. . .

Oh, and then I already own 1, 2 and 3 - so I'd be double dipping to get a bunch of extras and the novelty of the Re-cut version of Halloween 6. Sorry - but I just cant. . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks