What's new

Help with a home theater system (preferably wireless) (1 Viewer)

Amanco

Auditioning
Real Name
Amanco
Hello,

I'm looking for a wireless home theater system:
- For: Movies >> NAS Streaming >> Music > Game consoles > Internet radio streaming
- Wireless preferably: Wifi > bluetooth or both. Ability to add more wireless speakers. I don't mind the front speakers to be wired and rear or any additions must be wireless to add to the rear and any additional room.
- Budget: up to $5000
- Area: a condo 1200 Sq foot
- Current solutions I looked at Bose 535 vs Sonos. I am not clear yet about both of them if the sonos work as a home theater for movies or just music. The bose on the other hand, not completely wireless.

Any advices, suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Amanco

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
Sonos is the way to go. Yes, they don't handle video, but all you have to do is run an optical cable from you PLAYBAR to your TV and you're good to go (as far as audio from your tv is concerned). You can switch between TV and Music all you want via the app on your phone or computer. The 5.1 standard Sonos system runs around $1800. If you'd like to add more speakers, go ahead. You can add as many speakers as you want to any room. Just clarify what speakers are in what room via the app and you can control what plays where and how loud it is. On the other hand, Sonos isn't known for high end quality. No matter what wireless system, I think you'd be sacrificing quality anyways. They're just the only manufacture that has this much flexibility in this department. "X" amount of speakers, wifi capabilities, and you can even run your system through a receiver via the connect amp that you can purchase. If you're just looking for a wireless setup, Sonos is the way to go.

Amanco

Auditioning
Real Name
Amanco
Thank you Daniel for your reply,

In this case, since the sonos quality is not as good as bose, I might sucrifice the wired portion for rear speakers and try to hide them. As for the front ones I can conceal them behind the wall. Then, buy the Bose wireless adapter and add more speakers in other rooms. Does that sound the best plan for a high quality system?

I know bose just dropped their prices, Im not sure if there is a new system coming soon from them.

Any more systems out there can do this job?

Thanks again,
Amanco

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Shows how much attention I pay to overpriced Blose systems.$2800...$2200 profit. No wonder Blose gives communications gear to the NFL.You'd think with $2200 profit, they could shave a few bucks and support DTS and DTS HD.Oh wait, that would require a system capable of dynamic range.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, try not to assume Bose means quality. The only true ability of Bose equipment is to lighten your wallet.

MasterAudio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
Agreed with everyone else here. Bose by no means quality. It means muddy low end and really thin top end. When I said Sonos sacrifices quality, I didn't mean THAT much quality.

Amanco

Auditioning
Real Name
Amanco
Great, thank you guys. But can you then recommend other "Quality" systems that can offer what I am looking for?

Thanks again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
See if you can find a used Aperion Intimus that utilizes Summit wireless tech.Aperion launched it barely two years ago. Already shit canned the entire line.All the customers were like..."What do you mean the AVR, subwoofer and all 5(or 7) speakers need to be plugged separately into the wall?"

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way. If anything substantial ever happens on the wireless front...Wisaassociation.orgSo far, stillborn. Summit is a WiSA member, Aperion is not.If they ever get anything off the ground, I'll be shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks