What's new

My Fair Lady 50th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

113301_large.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
Hallelujah! This is exciting!

Own our Robert Harris worked on this restoration and is largely responsible for saving this jewel from the dung heap. We owe him our greatest thanks.

For those of you who'd like to hear all the original Audrey vocals just for fun you can go here:

http://www.audrey1.org/archives/105/audreys-voice-restored-in-my-fair-lady

You can see that she gave superb characterization to the songs, but they just weren't the vocal style that was needed for a musical such as this and the perfect Marni Nixon accomplished this beautifully.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. First time I have heard the original vocals.

Count me in as one being happy they were replaced.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I never ordered the last brd iteration/abomination based upon all of the negative comments on HTF.
Joel, me too.

Completely skipped the original BD release.

And thank you, all, for ordering through the link. I just preordered as well.

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
Ordered! Will be so nice to have a stellar transfer to replace the atrocity that came before. I rid myself of that debacle long ago.

Thank you RAH!!!

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Ronald Epstein said:
Wow. First time I have heard the original vocals.

Count me in as one being happy they were replaced.
I agree. I think Marni does a great job. The one time I notice it a bit is during "Just You Wait"; the angry "Just You Wait 'enry 'iggins" section is Audrey, then Marni takes over when it goes into "One day I'll be famous, I'll be proper and prim." To my ear it is quite distinctly a different voice and a bit jarring.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Ordered! Can't wait! The first time I saw the film was the amazing Laserdisc box set back in the 90's. I rented it from a great Home Theater place in Richmond, VA that had quite a few rental Laserdiscs that they rented out, in addition to installing high-end home theater systems. All I had was a 25" Zenith and a second-hand LD player, but the ability to finally see films in their OAR and in higher quality than VHS was worth the 20 minute trip to the store to rent. Good times. So excited to see it again and in better shape than ever before!

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
Does anyone know how to explain in laymen's terms how the edges of the frame were faded in the original bluray release? It looked like someone in the theatre opened the exit door to the alley and sunlight shown on the screen.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
Ordered and very excited. I never had a laserdisc player, so I first owned it on a letterboxed vhs tape, then the 2nd dvd release. I rented the blu ray from a few years back and was glad I didn't buy. Oddly the sound, at least to my ears, on the vhs tape was better than either the dvd or blu ray release. The sound on those seemed to have lots of echo added. Back in the late 70's saw a 70mm print which had gone mostly pink though the six track mag sound was incredible. I hope this new disc will replicate that experience sonic-ally.

I saw for the first time in the summer of 1965 with my father in NYC at the Criterion. We were in NY to go to the World's Fair and the movie at that point had not opened in Richmond.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I see this is 2 Blurays and a DVD.
The DVD is the copy of the film.
the 2 Blurays mean that there are new extras?
The original release was one Bluray.
Or did they put just the film on one disc with very high bitrate, and placed the extras on the 2nd disc?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
We've been told that there are some fascinating extras assembled for this release, and yes, I'd presume the film has a Blu-ray disc all to itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks