Senior HTF Member
If only the writers are able to put together a season as good as the promo:

Makes me want to watch...

Premieres Thursday, September 25th.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
That promo makes me sad. At the end of every season, I would worry if the show would get renewed. And now, our time with the Bravermans is almost over.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Fool me once? ;)
Mike Frezon said:
If only the writers are able to put together a season as good as the promo: Makes me want to watch... Premieres Thursday, September 25th.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Season Premiere tonight!

It's nice to know Sydney has been getting other work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NrqZaxJARQ&index=6&list=PLu9TIRlYrmmmGjHm7xd4ecRV8r_jRxwtM

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Different chins (among other features).

3033251-inline-i-1-fire-phone-ad-hipster-kids.jpg

savannah_rae.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The one I remember her in was the Eggo commercial from a few years back:
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L8HBVXKBtY&feature=player_detailpage[/media]

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm really, really hoping they don't use that old cliche about the birth and death cycle with Amber's pregnancy and Zeke's health issues. Please let the show go out without needing a tragedy to reaffirm the Braverman's strength through family.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What is up with Julia's hair, wig or not? I know in the last scene, it was pulled back, but in the earlier scenes, totally looks like a wig. Inquiring minds want to know!

Real Name
Mike
Mike Frezon said:
I wouldn't count on it...
Yep, I'm pretty sure you're bang on with this.

Patrick Sun said:
What is up with Julia's hair, wig or not? I know in the last scene, it was pulled back, but in the earlier scenes, totally looks like a wig. Inquiring minds want to know!
I don't think it's a wig but she still looks damn good!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
More snarky recap laughs: http://morningafter.gawker.com/on-parenthood-its-drews-skull-bong-now-1650266188/+laceydonohue

Reading her stuff definitely seems better than watching the show.
Also at the BBQ—there are so many characters on this show!—Julia's new boyfriend came by and Joel saw him playing basketball with everyone. Wah-wah. Sorry, Joel, that's what happens when your character completely changes and you abandon your family and your family's beautiful house! Think of the house!! Later he shows up at Julia's work to yell at her, and she agrees that she should've talked to him before introducing Boyfriend to the family. Ugh. JUST GET BACK TOGETHER ALREADY.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
OMG! Thanks for those, Cameron!

I just watched this week's ep. tonight. I just realized all the Braverman men are whipped.

Camille calls Zeek on Crosby's phone because he needs four pills. Jasmine puts a boot on Crosby's motorcycle (and that still didn't prompt him to leave her...). Kristine comes down on Adam for giving Max "ideas." And Julia, well, Julia is really putting it to Joel.

I still think we're on Zeek alert. Lots of one-on-one personal moments with the kids in recent episodes...

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Another installment of snarky recap: http://morningafter.gawker.com/everybodys-barfing-and-screaming-on-this-weeks-parentho-1653250804/+laceydonohue
The next day Amber, in a scene that would have been wonderful if any sort of relationship had ever been established with Amber and Daughter before this episode, talks to her about how she should appreciate Ray Romano, because at least he's trying. Some dads, "like my dad, a man you might know as Aiden from Sex and the City," don't even do that.
Demon turns to angel, tells Ray she loves him, and, finally, their storyline ends.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I don't usually watch the show. My wife loves it. So last night I happen to catch the episode with her. Man did it hit close to home. We just went through a bankruptcy and my business almost went under. We had almost the exact conversation with each other and our kids (re: going on vacation and feeling like a failure). She even said the same thing as the wife. Its just a house and we can live anywhere.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I kinda wish MattCR would check in.

I'm finding Max's storyline this season completely unbelievable. They've had their nice "awwww" moments, like last night's, "Dad, do ya think she likes me as a three yet? She says I have nice eyes." But it seems like they have co-opted the Asperger's diagnosis and morphed Max into a cliche rude savant who now has discovered girls. Maybe that's accurate for a kid Max's age...but they surely have turned him into a character that seems more highly functional than we were originally led to believe. But maybe that is a normal progression, too.

But I guess where I have trouble is that Max seems conveniently obstinate when it works for the writers (and reminds viewers he's got Asperger's) but then interacts pretty well most of the rest of the time (so the illness doesn't "get in the way" for the viewers). MattCR was always able to give us a good perspective on these things.

Maybe Minka Kelly is a miracle worker... :biggrin:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
I don't usually watch the show. My wife loves it. So last night I happen to catch the episode with her. Man did it hit close to home. We just went through a bankruptcy and my business almost went under. We had almost the exact conversation with each other and our kids (re: going on vacation and feeling like a failure). She even said the same thing as the wife. Its just a house and we can live anywhere.
I totally understand where you are coming from, Todd. When the writers get it right...they really get it right.

The only thing that sank that scene for me--personally--was that half of that conversation involved Jasmine.

As anyone who has frequented these threads on the HTF might remember, I have been virulently anti-Jasmine since her character arrived on the show. I remember thinking "HOW could anyone forgive her for keeping Crosby's son hidden for the first five years of his life?" And virtually anything she has done on the show since has annoyed me. Putting a boot on Crosby's motorcycle in the last episode was just another brick in the wall for me. How that guy could ever stay with that woman (how he ever came to marry her in the first place!) is beyond me.

So, for her to say all the right things to him about the work/money issues just seemed totally out of character for her--in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks