What's new

Manhattan on WGN (1 Viewer)

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I swear I thought I saw a topic on this already but I can't find it.

Any way, I am absolutely loving this show. I'm sure the writers have taken some liberties with the story since a lot of it is still probably classified (just guessing).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
spshultz said:
I swear I thought I saw a topic on this already but I can't find it.

Any way, I am absolutely loving this show. I'm sure the writers have taken some liberties with the story since a lot of it is still probably classified (just guessing).
I find the channel very annoying to watch. Heavily edited and loads of commercials. They can take a 22 minute network show and shrink it to about 15 minutes in their syndication version. Probably exaggerating, but I think they show more commercials than SyFy.
But looks like this is actually original programming. An interesting period of history, I'll have to check it out. Any idea if they're going to run a "catch up" marathon like many cable channels do?

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
No clue on the catch up marathon. It looks like all the episodes are on Hulu+ and only some of them on Hulu.

Oh, and I definitely agree with the loads of commercials. It feels like it's 4 minutes of show time and then 5-6 minutes of commercials. I'm sure it's not that way but it sure feels like it. The best way to watch this would be to wait for it on Blu-ray or one of the online sites. But I've committed to it and so I'm going to stick it out for the last 4 episodes (13 episodes total) commercials and all.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just finished season 1 and I like this show a lot. Make sure you read this after each episode:

http://www.losalamoshistory.org/manhattan_discussion_intro.htm

I love the look of the show and all the clothes and sets. And I think the best casting of the show is David Harbour.

I had some issues with the season finale. I feel like they went over their heads in trying to make it exciting. People's motivations are all over the place. I'm really not sure why people did the things they did. For example I don't understand why Franck did that at the end.

The great news is that they hired CSI's William Petersen. I was expecting him to play a scientist but it seems he is playing a military. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks