What's new

The Ninth Configuration (a.k.a. Twinkle, Twinkle Killer Kane) (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Great news. Here's a question - which version? I think at least three different cuts of the film existed at one time.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
I feel like this is a minor miracle. Been looking for a decent version of this since I read two Blatty books some time ago. :rock:

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's from the highly variable Hen's Tooth so I'd wait for reviews.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
The DVD is not the greatest quality from what I remember. I hope the blu is a substantial upgrade. I love this movie!

GregK

Screenwriter
DeanR said:
The DVD is not the greatest quality from what I remember. I hope the blu is a substantial upgrade. I love this movie!
Yeah, the WB DVD was a non-anamorphic letterbox release. Theatrical cut w/mono sound (can anyone confirm if this ever had a stereo audio mix, as there have been mixed reports) The far older Image videotape / LD release had the alternate ending (actually a scene close to the end) incorporated that Stacy Keach had recommended shooting, but for the theatrical release, Blatty stuck with his preferred near end sequence. In William Peter Blatty fashion, his opinion of what should be the correct end sequence has changed over the years. Rumor has it he's made a 3rd edit of the feature, but given the WB extras are ported over, I'm guessing this blu will be the theatrical cut.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I remember reading the paperback, and I think I eventually saw the film. I'm questioning whether I ever saw the whole thing, so, maybe caught it on TV? At any rate, will be interested in finding out more about this release.

Steven_M Grimes

Stunt Coordinator
GregK said:
In William Peter Blatty fashion, his opinion of what should be the correct end sequence has changed over the years.
He even revised the book the movie was based on. The later "Ninth Configuration" is a substantially rewritten version of the original "Twinkle, Twinkle Killer Kane".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks