What's new

The Facts of Life Complete Series Jan 13th 2015 (3 Viewers)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
The Facts of Life
Complete Series Box Set from Shout Factory

Coming Jan 13th 2015
27 Disc Set

(Shout Pre-Orders Ship 1 Month Early Dec 16th)
209 episodes, including The Facts of Life Down Under and The Facts of Life Goes to Paris

Attachments

• Facts.jpg
    Facts.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 74

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I wonder how Shout did on music clearances for Seasons 6-9.

My main concern is that everything is intact for the Stacey Q appearances as well as the El Debarge episode. I want to hear them sing "You Wear it Well" and especially the scene where Blair does an impromptu version of "My Boyfriend's Back". Not a big fan of the "Cruising" episode, so while I'd like this set to be 100% uncut, that one's not a dealbreaker for me.

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:15px;]Not too crazy about the fuschia/green polka dots color scheme...it's way too busy. But I'm happy they are going this route with the full series. Just wish Maude or One Day would come out the same way.[/color]

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I hope that Cruis'n is intact. It's my favorite episode of the series. Losing I Can't Help Myself, and You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' in particular would kill it.

I hope Shout releases standalone season sets. I really only want season 6 from these remaining seasons (Although I'd buy season 7 if the price was right thanks mainly to the episode where Tootie takes her driver's test in a hearse).

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Regarding music clearances Shout issued a statement and was posted over at www.tvshowsondvd.com

Since Shout Factory first announced that we would be releasing the The Facts of Life: The Complete Series on DVD we have had several inquiries as to whether or not we would be able to clear music throughout the series. We are happy to confirm today that we have been successful in clearing almost all of the tracks that played throughout the 9 seasons which includes rare performances from some artists such as Michael Damian, El DeBarge and Stacey Q (who made two appearances on the show and sang her dance hits "Two of Hearts" and "We Connect").Unfortunately, there was one song we could not clear that appeared in the Season 7 Episode "Tootie's Graduation" aka "The Graduate" which resulted in two minor edits but do not take away from the tone or integrity of the episode. Being fans of the show ourselves, we felt it was important to communicate all "the facts" to the fans of this iconic 80s TV Show.Taken from:http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Facts-Life-The-Complete-Series/20494#ixzz3JNEfVQVX

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
This is great news! To be honest, I don't even remember if I've seen the episode "Tootie's Graduation" so this won't be any big deal for me.

I really was hoping the Debarge and Stacey Q episodes would be intact and it sounds like they are.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I don't remember that many songs in this show (At least during the Mrs. Garrett years, never watched it afterwards). But I'm glad to hear that it's almost completely unedited and that my favorite episode, Cruis'n, will be fully intact.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Never have the words to that theme song been more right. Apparently, they were turned down, but at least they were honest about it.
classictvfan40 said:

This is the episode with the uncleared song.
I have the original network broadcast on tape (and all the other NBC sitcoms from that night) at my Mom's house. As soon as I start looking for my tapes, that's one of the ones I'll ask for first in case whatever is lost there was also cut in the syndicated version above. Most of the network broadcasts, and there aren't many, I have are from the Over Our Heads years.
moviebuff75 said:
Probably "Ease on Down the Road" from "The Wiz."
I was thinking that, too. The only other song in that episode I can recall is "Flight of the Bumblebee" on the accordion. That should be public domain by now, unless pre-revolutionary Russian copyrights are still in effect anywhere on Earth.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
moviebuff75 said:
She sings it a couple of times in that scene, and they said a couple of minor edits...so that's my best guess.
But the plot revolves around it! I know, I know...

Interestingly, Kim would have been the right age* for Dorothy when they made the movie.*Meaning "the age L. Frank Baum depicted Dorothy as being"

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
moviebuff75 said:
Probably "Ease on Down the Road" from "The Wiz."
Possibly. But they also have to clear "Somewhere" from West Side Story, and "Happy Birthday" (which I understand is unreasonably high-priced).

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
One thing that has always struck me as strange is that Mrs. Garrett made it to Mr. Drummond's wedding to Maggie on Diff'rent Strokes in 1984, but the Drummond/Jackson/McKinney family was nowhere to be found when Mrs. Garrett married Bruce Gaines. I assume it was because Strokes had been cancelled by then.
John Karras said:
Possibly. But they also have to clear "Somewhere" from West Side Story, and "Happy Birthday" (which I understand is unreasonably high-priced).
If Sondheim refused them, he's dead to me unless he publicly chews out Alan Thicke for trying to rhyme "bad" and "have." :D Other shows of this era have licensed his songs successfully, though; on one episode of Gimme A Break!, Nell sings "Tonight," also from West Side Story, and that's still on its DVD set.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Secretly hoping Shout starts shipping orders this week or by the end of it. Dying for this set. Trying to decide if I will start the series all over from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks