What's new

Simpsons Season 2, Disc Suggestion (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I was really very pleased with the Season 1 set. This is how EVERY Animated show to DVD needs to be done. Take note studios!

However, there is one small thing I would have like to see included. Animated menus! Here's an idea, how about have the Simpson familly and friends themselves guide you through the DVD, while making fun of it along the way? For instance. Homer introducing the Extras buy saying something like, "Click here if you want to see Rich people talking about their creations, as they watch the episode along with you."

What does everyone else think?

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
To me the menu would have to be done right, unless implemented right this kind of animated menu could get to flashy.

Craig_T

Second Unit
I could care less about animated menus. I'd be more interested in something useful like a "Play All" option. Plus, there were lots of technical glitches with various players on the Season 1 release. The only other problem I had with Season 1 was that the menus were so much louder than the actual show. It gets pretty annoying having to turn down the sound every time you go back to the menu..and you're forced to go back to the menu because there's no play all option! If you're going to force us back to the menu at least keep the sound at a constant level. Otherwise, the Season 1 release was excellent.

AdamW

Agent
Season 1 release was solid, however animated menus would have definitely been nice. I would venture to say FOX will jump up a level or two with Season 2 and give us more extras and animated menus.

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
I think animated menus would be nice but they do get annoying after a while, especially if they are long between the time you can make a selection. If they do put animated menus on it, I hope you can just push skip and make your selection on screen.

Seb

Mitty

Supporting Actor
A cool feature would be direct jump to the blackboard & living rooms clips that start each episode. Or maybe just stills that highlight each of these for all the episodes.

Plus, make sure it's chapter encoded so that you can skip directly past the intro if you so desire. Some of the episodes in the first set encoded chapter 1 as the intro plus part of the beginning of the actual show.

Larry Gelfand

Premium
Real Name
Larry Gelfand
>I could care less about animated menus. I'd be more
>interested in something useful like a "Play All" option.
I agree 100%! I posted a message requesting the "Play All" option in the Studio and Manufacturer Feedback section right after vol. 1 was released & was surprised that nobody posted any responses.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...&threadid=7276

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hey Sam,
you may have figured it out by now but Nick meant that Season was due May and Season 3 in November. No typo. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks