What's new

Yankee Doodle Dandy BD via Warner Archive (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Noach Kowalski
From WAC facebook.

YANKEE DOODLE DANDY (1942)
Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1
Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono
Subtitles: English SDH
Discs: One 50GB Blu-ray Disc
Run Time: 126 Minutes
B&W

Extras:
Special Features: Leonard Maltin hosts Warner Night at the Movies 1942 with Casablanca trailer, 1942 newsreel, Warner Bros. short "Beyond the Call of Duty", Warner Bros. vintage cartoon "Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid"; James Cagney in wartime short "You, John Jones"; Yankee Doodle Dandy theatrical trailer; Let Freedom Sing!: The Story of Yankee Doodle Dandy documentary; audio commentary with Warner Bros. historian Rudy Behlmer; "John Travolta remembers James Cagney" featurette; audio-only extras – radio show and pre-recording session outtakes/rehearsals; vintage Warner Bros. cartoon "Yankee Doodle Daffy". *Note: animated cartoons presented in 1080p HD
1922507_10152732867381563_5229935090033906800_n.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
AnthonyClarke said:
Great news.
Hope it goes on Amazon soon!
Warner Archive at one stage did say they'd shop overseas but every time I try to purchase, it's blocked!
I keep asking on their FB page about looking into international shipping, but their silence is deafening. All of the WA stuff eventually winds up on Amazon, so it's no big drama, but I'd love to partake of their various discounts and sales held on the actual WA site.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
This one sort of surprises me that it is being done through Warner Archive as Warners gave it a pretty big DVD release. Perhaps some of the other major musical titles I have been waiting for might now come through Warner Archives. We live in hope.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Regardless of which Warners division releases this, I am very happy today.Is that a flare shooting off? Ah ha ...And WAC,"my Mother thanks you.my Father thanks you, my Sister thanks you,and I thank you"

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
AnthonyClarke said:
Great news.Hope it goes on Amazon soon!Warner Archive at one stage did say they'd shop overseas but every time I try to purchase, it's blocked!
It seems The Great Race was released by Amazon the same day as WAC.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Question for anyone who knows: is Rudy Behlmer still active? I love listening to his commentaries but don't recall any new ones that he's recorded recently.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Steve...O said:
Question for anyone who knows: is Rudy Behlmer still active? I love listening to his commentaries but don't recall any new ones that he's recorded recently.
He's still alive, but he's about to turn 88 years old.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Robert Crawford said:
He's still alive, but he's about to turn 88 years old.
Thank you - I knew he was getting up there in years, but didn't realize he was almost 90. His commentaries have an enthusiasm about them that makes him seem younger. I hope he is in good health and is able to enjoy the films that he loves so much. I have his book on Warner Brothers on the shelf in my home office.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
shoeshineboy said:
Stupid question time - are these pressed or more MOD of a different archive feather?
As of now, all the WAC Blu-Rays have been pressed.I am not aware of any commercial BD-Rs

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Great news! Will preorder from Amazon once it gets listed.

Also looking closely at the extra features it appears Yankee Doodle Daffy will also make it's Blu-ray debut after it missed out being included in any of the Platinum Collections.
AnthonyClarke said:
Great news.
Hope it goes on Amazon soon!
Warner Archive at one stage did say they'd shop overseas but every time I try to purchase, it's blocked!
It'll come on Amazon. They always do.

And regards to ordering on the WAC site, why would anyone want to for the blu-rays? They're always cheaper plus the WBshop shipping (both prices and speed) isn't as good as Amazon's. Amazon all the way for this one.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I like the mix on Archive releases, from Performance to Yankee Doodle Dandy, just about anything could be released.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Comparing the announced extras to the two-disc DVD, there might be a few omissions. (I say might because the initial announcement could be incomplete)Yankee Doodle BugsSeveral 'trailers' for other Cagney films.A Michael J, Fox hosted documentary about Cagney.My gut feeling is the doc won't be included, but the others might

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks