What's new

It’s Official: Syfy Greenlights ‘Childhood’s End’ Miniseries - 2015 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
As per Deadline:
Syfy has greenlighted Childhood’s End, a six-hour miniseries based on Arthur C. Clarke’s classic to premiere in 2015. Akiva Goldsman and Mike De Luca executive produce the mini, written by Matthew Graham, creator of BBC’s Life On Mars and to be directed by Nick Hurran, a 2014 Emmy nominee forSherlock: His Last Vow. Universal Cable Prods. is the studio.
One of my all time fav SF novels - always irritates me that V co-opted the image of huge ships hovering over the major cities of the world.

Very pumped for this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Matthew Graham is a smart writer, and Nick Hurran directed some of my favorite recent episodes of "Doctor Who", including the 50th Anniversary Special. It has the potential to be good, especially if they pull off the last act when the Overlords' plan comes to fruition and we see both their role and our role in things to come.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I have long been of the opinion that SciFi did a good job with their Dune adaptations, so I will remain hopeful that they'll do good work on Childhood's End, one of the great books of science fiction. I do recall some concept artwork (by Neal Adams) for a feature film that was published in Starlog, circa 1980. I recently re-read the book a couple of years ago, and it remains a great work.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I remember loving the book as a kid, though I don't really remember much of the specifics - I'd check this out.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Well, SyFy going back to miniseries adaptations (Dune, Riverworld) again, instead of cheesy Asylum shark pics and retirement-era Roger Corman clones thereof?

Hope they still remember how. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks