What's new

The Official "I Just Preordered My iPhone 6" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
phone.jpeg
Have you just successfully preordered your iPhone 6?Tell us about it, including overall server and ordering speed.​
This thread will open up at 3am EST on Friday 9/12

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Apple store still down, easily ordered my 128gB space grey 6+ on the Verizon store for 9/19 delivery. TOO easily.If they F this up I'm gonna be pissed.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ordered mine through AT&T. Didn't really want to go that way, but I was using a shared upgrade. They don't seem to have the best process and infrastructure. Still waiting for my confirmation email and they didn't have any delivery date info. I went with the a 128 GB plus in space grey.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Weird that the Apple Store is still down as of 2:22 AM (CDT). I'm also trying AT&T , but they seem to have some queueing process set up and I haven't gotten past the splash screen yet.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I also took a screenshot of the order confirmation page on AT&T, but they did not include a delivery date. Makes me nervous.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Can't get on the Apple site 35 minutes in....

...but discovered something very important.

My contract is not up until November.

So, I can't buy a phone today anyhow.

Funny, I thought I was already eligible. AT&T says my line is eligible for an upgrade but
on their site I am paying considerably more.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
AT&T finally let me in. Once in it's very snappy and easy to order, but they're quoting 14-21 business days until shipping for all models. Holding off on pulling the trigger to give Apple a few more minutes.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay here's an update...

Order from your iPhone or iPad Apple Store App.
Got through immediately.

However, I am not eligible for an upgrade till November as I am being quoted
$749 for a 2-year contract on the 128GB model

Also, the only color available for that model was SILVER. All others unavailable.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Yup. I read the tip about the Apple Store App. Got in without too much trouble, but for the 6 Plus on AT&T the only available model was gold. You couldn't even put the other colors in your cart. Considered going for the gold (ha!) for a minute, but I hate the white bezel.

The regular iPhone 6 had much better availability.

So I went back to AT&T and finished up my order there. 128 GB space grey 6 Plus. No idea when it will ship, but I'm not expecting it for a month or so.

There were rumors before the launch that the 5.5" model might be constrained. Looks like that's the case.

Oh well. It'll get here when it gets here.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
If I could have gotten the PLUS in Space Grey, 128GB, shipped by the 19th I
would have paid the extra amount since I am still in contract for two more months.

It was an additional $150 fee

However, AT&T would not ship it for up to 3 weeks. Apple? Not available through app.

So, waiting till November.

Absolutely pathetic Apple Site still down after an hour and 15 minutes

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just ordered iPhone 6 PLUS, 128GB, Space Grey

Did it through Apple app via multiple tries

October 1st is expected date but hoping more stock arrives and
I get earlier delivery.

Paid $150 more as I still had 1.5 months left on contract. No biggie.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Never got an e-mail receipt from AT&T (I did grab the order screens). And I can't find my order online, even when searching with the confirmation number that they showed when I was done.

It's amazing to me that after all these years these companies haven't figured this stuff out yet. Yet Another Fail.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The Apple Store website did not come up until 4:20am CDT. By that time, all but gold had a ship time of 3-4 weeks.It took an hour to order from the Apple Store app. I settled for silver plus 128 7-10 days delivery because nothing else was available. As soon as I placed my order, gold became available on the 19th. Grrr.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
It's mind-boggling that Apple's own site wasn't ready for this. I got in on AT&T's site immediately at 2 am CDT. I didn't have the wait that many were talking about online and ordered my phone without any problem. It took hours for the email confirmation to arrive and that was the delivery estimate was 14-21 days. I'm a little bummed about that since I was one of the early ones to order. I hope they are at the early end of the estimate.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Finally got my e-mail receipt from AT&T. Delivery estimate of 21-28 busines days. In other words, late October or early November. Oh well, it is what is is. Apple should have warned that the 6 Plus would be constrained, just to level set expectations.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Our business portal with AT&T is showing estimated delivery times on all of the 6 Plus models between November 7th and November 27th. That's just insane. I ordered a 6 Plus for one of our users through our Verizon portal just after 12am PDT today and it stated estimated delivery on September 19th. I just got an e-mail confirming that same order and now it's been bumped to October 28th. The rumors from before the phone reveals about the 6 Plus shipments being severely constrained were clearly spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks