What's new

Denon AVR-3300 Volume Issue (1 Viewer)

regulator23

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
I have never had a problem with my unit before, but now the volume will not go very high. You can't hear anything until you get to about -5 or so, and then it doesn't get loud at all. I have reset the microprocessor, I have opened it up and checked the 4 visible fuses, and I have checked all of the settings on the unit. I thought I'd check here before I took it in for service. I really don't want to upgrade at this time as this unit has always performed awesome for me. Thank you for viewing and for your thoughts.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
How is everything hooked up and what is hooked to the receiver (what source is being played)? If connected via the multi-channel analog input, you may wish to look at page 27 of the manual. Page 39 of the manual indicates: "The volume can be adjusted within the range of –60 to 0 to 18 dB,*in steps of 1 dB. However, when the channel level is set asdescribed on page 23 or pages 44 and 45, if the volume for anychannel is set at +1 dB or greater, the volume cannot be adjustedup to 18 dB. (In this case the maximum volume adjustment rangeis "18 dB — (Maximum value of channel level)" Page 45 has info on the fader function.

regulator23

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
Thank you. Right now I don't have anything hooked up. I am just trying to get it right using the FM radio tuner, but still having no luck. I'd like to be able to rule out an improper setting issue.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Russ - do you have a decent antenna and is it all the stations? How about another source? Does the same problem persist if you play a CD for example?

regulator23

Auditioning
Real Name
Russ
I have an antenna hooked up and it is the same with any station. The problem started when everything was hooked up (CD player and a DVD player) and it was the same problem with either of those as well. Last night I did try the multi setting on and then off and it doesn't change anything. I have the manual and had also tried adjusting the individual channel levels, but that's not the issue either. I appreciate any thoughts and input you have. Thank you.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Other than trying the pages I noted above in the manual, I did not notice anything else. It the problem with a CD or DVD player the same whether it is hooked up to an analog and digital input on the receiver?

B1GMARC

Auditioning
Does your Denon have that "evening", "day" sound option? At first I wondered why my Denon sounded so low. Lo & behold it was one of my reasons it sound so low. Mine is the AVR 591.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks