What's new

Android users: Are you switching to the iPhone 6? (1 Viewer)

Android users: Are you switching to the iPhone 6?

• Total voters

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
So now that Apple finally caught up with the rest of the smartphone world as far as size of phones go, are any Android users ready to swtich back to or switch for the first time to the new iPhone 6 (and all future versions)?

Me, I have no desire to go back (I had the original iPhone and ended the era at the 4S). I just don't like the closed in style of the Apple systems. The iPhones feel like the Fisher Price phone of the mobile world.

I plan to stick with Android for a good long while. Currently using the G2 and love it. Best phone I've ever used to this point.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yo, Alf!

You know my answer.

Listen, I kind of wanted Apple to fail yesterday. Really did.

I love my Android Galaxy Note III. I love the open Android platform where I could
do anything I want to customize the phone without jailbreaking.

It would have been so easy if Apple announced a dud of a watch yesterday....

....but for me, they didn't. It was so spectacular compared to what I am wearing on
my wrist right now that there wasn't any doubt that I had to return to the Apple platform.

But you know what? I win in two ways. I left the iPhone 3 years ago because I wanted
a bigger screen. Apple finally delivered on that. They also delivered on a watch.

As much as I hate the closed system of iOS, it is going to offer me a lot of added benefits
for syncing and handing off across my iMac, Macbook Pro and iPad. There's something
to be said for the way all Apple devices seamlessly work with each other.

So, I am selling my Note III with much regret. However, I don't think going back to the
iPhone will be a total loss.

Thanks for posting this poll. I am interested in seeing the results over the next few days.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Not remotely interested in the Iphone. My Android experience is excellent. So amusing to see Apple play follow the leader.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I'm far too cheap to buy an iPhone. Whatever features are on that phone indicate what will be in my $150 prepaid handset 4-5 years from now

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
I wish there was an option that said "Maybe, I am waiting on reviews". :)

I switched from an iPhone 4 to an HTC DNA almost two years ago. The DNA has worked well and HTC has done a pretty good job of keeping it updated, although it wasn't the fastest process.

While Android has worked well for me, I am not doing anything on this phone that I couldn't do on an iPhone with the exception of a custom launcher and keyboard. Of course custom keyboards will be available for iOS 8 (SwiftKey has been confirmed for iOS 8 launch).

I wish there was a good selection of 5"+ screen size Android phones with excellent cameras that was just pure Google. No touchwiz, no sense, no 3rd party UI stuff, like the Nexus line.

With the Apple ecosystem, there always seems to be a better selection of accessories. Cases with built-in batteries, clip-on camera lens, etc. (not saying I need those specifically, just examples). Also, I use OS X and will be upgrading to Yosemite so the integration with iOS 8 will be nice.

Overall there is a lot to like with both platforms, I don't see either as a clearly ahead of the other.

-Keith

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I would only consider an Apple iPhone if it had a user replaceable battery and non proprietary interface cables. Right now I am more than satisfied with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Reed Grele said:
I would only consider an Apple iPhone if it had a user replaceable battery and non proprietary interface cables.
Yes, an Iphone that isn't an Iphone. IOW, Android :lol:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"I wish there was an option that said "Maybe, I am waiting on reviews". "

Still on a fence

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Sticking with my Galaxy Note 3 because I love the camera, but gotta admit, there are a couple of iPhone only apps, that I miss.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What's the camera in the GN3?
Richard V said:
Sticking with my Galaxy Note 3 because I love the camera, but gotta admit, there are a couple of iPhone only apps, that I miss.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Which Android phones have optical image stabilization? The iPhone us getting this, which will make it even more competitive with the top Android camera phones, but I'm sure some of them already have OIS.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am perfectly happy with my DROID Maxx phone and have no plans to switch to an iPhone. Battery life is great, and I can customize the phone however I want. It's about time that SwiftKey comes to IOS, though. It's a terrific keyboard.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Maybe one day when the iPhone becomes a 100% copy of Android I'd think about it. But even as they co-opt more and more Android features, there are still things they haven't gotten around to copying that I need.

iphonecopy.jpg

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm still on the fence and may just continue using my iPhone 4s until I see educated reviews and apple pay reach and execution here in canada. For those that won't give up their androids, what feature set is keeping you with Google?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks