What's new

Poll: What iPhone 6 Model and Color? (1 Viewer)

What Model and Color iPhone 6?

• iPhone 6 16GB Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPhone 6 16GB Gold

• iPhone 6 16GB Space Grey

• iPhone 6 64GB Silver

• iPhone 6 64GB Gold

• iPhone 6 128GB Silver

• iPhone 6 128GB Gold

• iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Silver

• iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Gold

• iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Space Grey

• iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Gold

• iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Silver

• iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold

• Total voters

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just wondering what HTF members are looking to purchase?

Personally...

iPhone 6 PLUS. 64GB. Space Grey

Was going to go with GOLD but I still feel Space Grey has the most class.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm mid-contract this year. If I were buying today, I'd get the 6+ 64GB Silver. Pending demoing it at the store. I'm still unsure about these Andre the Giant phones. :)So next year, I anticipate getting an iPhone 6s+ 64GB Silver.The big question...does this phone render my iPad obsolete? If so, I'd get the 128 GB to hold TV shows for traveling. Hmm... Making me rethink my new iPad next month...

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm at the end of my 2-year contract with my iPhone 5 so I'm definitely getting one. Just the regular iPhone 6 - Like Dave I am not a fan of the phablet form factor. Too honkin' big for a phone, IMO.

But I'm all over 128GB. More storage is ALWAYS better!! :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The big question...does this phone render my iPad obsolete? If so, I'd get the 128 GB to hold TV shows for traveling. Hmm... Making me rethink my new iPad next month...
You know what, Dave? I have used my iPad less and less since buying the Galaxy Note III.
It does work as a replacement for the iPad, though still notably smaller, of course.
Like Dave I am not a fan of the phablet form factor. Too honkin' big for a phone, IMO.
I guess everyone is different. For me, it's not. The Galaxy Note III is just ever-so-slightly larger
and I never thought it was too big. Fits in my jeans pocket perfectly. Really, within minutes of
using a large phone like this you accept its size and start to wonder why you never got a bigger
phone long ago.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
As much as I'm disappointed by the lack of a 4" phone in this iteration, I don't expect an iPhone mini anytime soon. I will be upgrading to the iPhone 6 (64 GB in Space Grey), primarily for Apple Pay and a better camera.

A few years ago I gave up a Canon 5D SLR & lenses because, as much as I loved shooting with it, I seldom felt like lugging it anywhere. Now my iPhone is my only camera and I love to push its limits. As cool as the image stabilization features look on the iPhone 6 Plus, I simply don't want a phone that large.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
A neighbor made a cardboard mockup of a 6+. She's carrying it around in her pocket and handling it, to see if she's ok getting a phone that big. :)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
For those wondering size.My gf has the GN3(like Ron) and I have the LG G3(not exactly small either).If you check mail/text/web surf...Go big. You won't regret it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I changed my mind and am now going with 128GB.

Despite the advice Sam Posten gave in another thread, I do
believe Gazelle will give me a higher resell price for the larger
drive space.

....but that's not the true motivation.

My vehicle does not play nice with my iPod Classic. So, I need
a device that will give me plenty of room for apps and music.

On my Note III, I was able to store all my music on an external
64GB micro SD card. With the iPhone, you can't.

So, it will be worth going with the highest capacity phone I can buy.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I voted for the 128 GB Plus in Space Grey. I have a 64 GB phone now and I am thinking about trying to stay with that size to save a bit of money. I really want a different color, but I too think the Space Grey is the classiest look and I prefer black around the screen.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ronald Epstein said:
I changed my mind and am now going with 128GB.

Despite the advice Sam Posten gave in another thread, I do
believe Gazelle will give me a higher resell price for the larger
drive space.
Not really. Checking them right now for a Flawless 5s on AT&T and Verizon.

AT&T
iPhone 5s 32GB -> $275
iPhone 5s 64GB -> $275

AT&T
iPhone 5s 32GB -> $300
iPhone 5s 64GB -> $325

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Despite being eligible for upgrade, I'm going to do something I haven't done for an iPhone launch (when I'm eligible for carrier subsidy): wait.

The reason? My next iDevice should hold my entire music collection + apps. That means 256GB. Had the 6+ come with that, I'd have preordered or be waiting in line as I type. :D

Music is very important to me. So are apps (I don't have a ton, but those I have I use a lot). Way more than I use the "phone" aspect. Apple just end-of-life'd the iPod Classic (which at 160GB was my only Apple option) and my Classic will eventually die due to spinning HD failure (and my library is now officially larger than that). My car has bluetooth, and also plays very nice with iOS (including interface) via the USB cable.

So my hope is that a 128GB iPhone 6/6+ means we'll be getting a 256GB iPad (and hopefully mini) soon. Like October/November soon. So I'll wait and see what the new iPad Air/Mini 2 looks like storage wise. If they have 256GB options, I'll buy one (not sure if I'll go Air 2 or Mini 2) and use that as my music device as well for both in-the-car and around the office.

And if I've bought a new Air/Mini 2, that means I don't need a big screen on the phone. So I'll throttle down to a iPhone 6, grey, probably 128gb (because no one ever wished they had less storage space). But I'll probably buy that concurrently with the Air/Mini 2.

If the new Air/Mini 2 memory is still capped at 128GB, well by November the 6+ should be more widely available, I'll probably get the grey 128GB 6+ and use it as a Phablet, and split my music catalog between the 6+ and the iPhone 5 64GB which I'll keep rather than resell, and turn into an iPod Touch with music only.

I can't believe I'm not going to be in line tomorrow. Feels weird. :D But this weekend I will go to an Apple Store and check out how the 6 and 6+ feel in-hand.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Carlo knows the exact ONE thing that infuriates me: People who insist they have to have their entire music collection available at any one time. I can't tell you how bonkers this makes me =p I think he posted it just to needle me!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Haha never Sam! It's just that I am an amateur musician and often need to play songs to people I meet. Also, where I work (to pay the bills) we employ a lot of college students who keep introducing me to new music, and to whom I introduce new and classic music, so having my library with me on-the-go is just part of my lifestyle. Also I routinely visit my parents who live a 4-hour drive away and there's nothing like having a different musical driving experience every time to keep from feeling every agonizing minute of the drive. And I'm fickle with my music moods, I could leave home thinking it's a 90s grunge drive day, to suddenly jonesing for Sgt. Peppers halfway through, then wanting to hear Les Miserables.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Match = annual fee + download over the air charges (potentially leading to overage charges) for when I'm on the go = unknown and potentially wildly fluctuating added cost.

Versus buy one device with 256GB for now, and be done with it. No added fees.

By the time I need more storage space, 512GB will be the standard (the vast majority of my music was my archival CD conversion project, my library doesn't grow much from year-to-year now).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks