What's new

UltraViolet now has... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Patrick Donahue
  • Start date
P

Patrick Donahue

...a one stop page to enter your codes called Common Redemption! Even going to Sonypictures.com/uvredeem redirects you there. This means you now don't have to have an account with each studio to redeem codes - you redeem directly with UV. Nice.https://www.uvvu.com/common-redemption

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Are codes that were redeemed in the past for films that were not universally available across services now available on all of them?

P

Patrick Donahue

Are codes that were redeemed in the past for films that were not universally available across services now available on all of them?
I mean I'm not sure I'm reading your question correctly but if you previously redeemed a code then the movie was automatically available across all services that were linked to you UV account...

P

Patrick Donahue

OK I thought there were a ton of Vudu codes that didn't work on other services, no?
There are some instances (I *think* MGM titles but I may be wrong) where a disc might have a code for Vudu, but not a UV code, and you would need it to be a UV code because that's how it would populate to other services...

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Disney too, right? See, 4 years after this hot mess was introduced it's still confusing....
Yeah still some unanswered questions but a lot better than before.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
I'm sure the CFF is gonna be a game changer =p
i dont know if its a game changer but its what many people are waiting for. We shall see when its released. im looking forward to using my powerdvd software with my cffs.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
I'm sure the CFF is gonna be a game changer =p
I also think of those of us who like to use our media with several different types of devices and device makers in that case, then yes CFF will be a game changer, this unlike my apple purchased files that can only be played on iTunes and only on apple products. In the end giving the consumer choices and variety- in my opinion is a good thing.

[email protected]

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Towergrove said:
I also think of those of us who like to use our media with several different types of devices and device makers in that case, then yes CFF will be a game changer, this unlike my apple purchased files that can only be played on iTunes and only on apple products. In the end giving the consumer choices and variety- in my opinion is a good thing.

+1

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
There are quite a few codes that don't work on every service. Cinema Now and Target Ticket have a list of over 1200 titles to redeem, wheras flixster has more than 1600. But I think a lot of the difference is that Flixster has a lot of the Warner multipacks. There is no way to tell how many titles vudu can redeem, but I would guess its larger than TT and CN, due to the fact that it has been doing UV since the early days. I would say they have more titles than even flixster, because I have run accross several that work on vudu that aren't available on flixster.

So far, every old code I have tested at the common redemption site has worked, from several different studios. In the future, I hope to see this new URL printed on the code sheets from all the studio's, but it probably won't be for Universal and Paramount titles, because they still offer redemptions for iTunes as well as UV. But its a step in the right direction.

UltraViolet also now has 19 million users! 20 million is coming soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks